SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320x Compact Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320x Compact Trigger Login/Join 
Picture of BradleyS
posted
I just recently purchased a P320x compact.
I really like the flat trigger with the short take up. The reset is crisp, audible and tactile, then there is the "thunk" of the trigger when it releases the striker. This trigger has more of a "thunk" than my G19 and my Shadow Systems 9mm has no "thunk", very crisp.
I do like shooting the P320x, although from the EDC aspect, the trigger may be a bit too light.
Any thoughts, observations ?
Brad

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What is your question? Are you concerned about something?

The trigger and striker release characteristics of all the P320 pistols I’ve worked with are the same—which makes sense because their mechanisms are all the same.
And out of curiosity, do you hear a “thunk” when you fire the gun?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What is your question? Are you concerned about something?

The trigger and striker release characteristics of all the P320 pistols I’ve worked with are the same—which makes sense because their mechanisms are all the same.
And out of curiosity, do you hear a “thunk” when you fire the gun?

My primary thought was if the "thunk" was normal for the P320x. No I don't hear it when firing. All in all, I much prefer the Sig over the G19.
Can I increase the weight of the trigger with a heavier spring ?

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If I understand what you’re describing when the striker is released, then yes, I’d say that’s normal for any P320. The noise I hear when dry firing a P320 is, I believe, caused by the striker hitting the slide behind the breech face at the end of its travel in the striker channel.
I am not familiar enough with comparable mechanisms in similar pistols to know why it may be more noticeable in the SIG, though.

I would contact one of the knowledgeable gunsmiths that specialize in work on the P320 to ask if the trigger pull weight can be increased. I’m not aware of any simple user modifications that can be performed for that purpose. Trigger pull weight is governed by more than the power of the striker spring.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
If I understand what you’re describing when the striker is released, then yes, I’d say that’s normal for any P320. The noise I hear when dry firing a P320 is, I believe, caused by the striker hitting the slide behind the breech face at the end of its travel in the striker channel.
I am not familiar enough with comparable mechanisms in similar pistols to know why it may be more noticeable in the SIG, though.

I would contact one of the knowledgeable gunsmiths that specialize in work on the P320 to ask if the trigger pull weight can be increased. I’m not aware of any simple user modifications that can be performed for that purpose. Trigger pull weight is governed by more than the power of the striker spring.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply.