April 16, 2019, 11:27 AM
Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard"
Just call the new variant the P211. Problem solved. Big Grin

Q

April 16, 2019, 06:40 PM
PD
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Lame. Really. Folks have been waiting for the Supertarget (6") and the Carry (4 - 4.4"), not a cosmetically changed 5" gun.

I concur. They’ve been leading us to believe a 6” Super is on the way and now we get this.
April 16, 2019, 06:43 PM
DLC762
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
After how many of the changes people have requested is it no longer recognizable as a P210, I wonder?

Well, hell, I've seen AR's that are nearly unrecognizable as such and they're still AR's.
And none of my 1911's are the same, lots of different mods, but they're still 1911's.
So I guess whatever we dream about for on the 210A's will be okay.
Some people don't consider them to be 210's anyway.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
April 17, 2019, 05:53 AM
Dakor
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
After how many of the changes people have requested is it no longer recognizable as a P210, I wonder?

Well, hell, I've seen AR's that are nearly unrecognizable as such and they're still AR's.
And none of my 1911's are the same, lots of different mods, but they're still 1911's.
So I guess whatever we dream about for on the 210A's will be okay.
Some people don't consider them to be 210's anyway.

I concur that hashing about the model designation is silly. Whether an “A” model or one that comes out of the E.U., which most of the pics cover in this thread, innovate or perish is the rule in business.
April 19, 2019, 09:18 PM
radionicist
I swapped the grips on my P210A for a set made by grips4u.com. I have stubby fingers, and the new grips greatly improve the feel of the gun in my hand. I must say, it shoots very well, too!

Of course, the original is no slouch, either.

I'm already saving my nickels for the Carry version!
April 20, 2019, 10:27 PM
HawkeyeJohn
I think your original is uber cool!

I'll buy when they make one without a beavertail.
April 21, 2019, 10:21 AM
P320Mac
On the rare occasions when I eat steak, at most I might add a bit of salt.

Pistols are used for a number of different activities. One of them is Bullseye (now the politically correct term is Precision) competition. Rules allow use of red-dot sights and I can not remember the last time I saw a competitor using iron sights. The demonstrated accuracy of the 210 is sufficient for Bullseye - but it needs to have means for attaching a red-dot sight.

As is, wonderful for plinking and other fun activities, but not yet ready for Bullseye.

Mac in Michigan
April 21, 2019, 10:25 AM
Jim Watson
quote:
Originally posted by HawkeyeJohn:
I think your original is uber cool!

I'll buy when they make one without a beavertail.

So look for a Switzer.

I have an "original" P210-6. A majority of the people I have let try it out were subject to hammer bite and I am sure they would appreciate the beavertail. Fortunately I am not.
April 21, 2019, 10:45 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Pistols are used for a number of different activities. One of them is Bullseye (now the politically correct term is Precision) competition. Rules allow use of red-dot sights and I can not remember the last time I saw a competitor using iron sights.

They ought to have separate classes for iron sights and optics, IMO. Call them... I dunno... "Bullseye" and "Precision?" Smile

quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
The demonstrated accuracy of the 210 is sufficient for Bullseye - but it needs to have means for attaching a red-dot sight.

Gag

IMO, of course Smile

Then again my desire for the P210A Target was as much for its quality, lines, similarity to the legacy P210s, etc. as much as its accuracy. In all truthfulness: I'm more a small-scale collector than a shooter and, while I suppose I'm better than the average shot (if what I see at the ranges is any guide), I'm not good enough to really do the P210A Target justice. (Though I'm working on it.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher