SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new/used P229, two-tone, SAS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new/used P229, two-tone, SAS Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up my new to me Sig P229, SAS in 40 Cal. Took it to the range yesterday and as usual for a Sig, got one ragged hole at about 7 yards.

I had already ordered a .357 Sig barrel for it and it dropped right in. Had both barrels at the range but had forgot to bring along my .357 ammo. Shot to POA with the .40 Cal. It has a #6 front sight and a #8 rear sight so I imagine it will be about an inch lower with the .357 set up.

Sig had these $150.00 G-10 grips on sale for half price so I ordered a pair. Took a little fitting around the slide hold open lever but the material is very easy to work with.

This is about my third Custom Shop SAS gun and I really like them. I also like the two-tone treatment so I can show off the guns better at the range.

Dropped the .357 barrel back in for the next range trip.

This gun started out in life as a DAK but the prior owner had converted it to DA/SA which is what I wanted.

My wife wants to know how many of these I am going to sell to supplement my retirement. Guess she is going to find a job since this Sig, as well as my others, is a keeper. My wife is also but that is another story. She does remind me from time to time that there a many nice guns but very few food wives.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The grips looks very good on that model. Nice.

The wife sounds like a good partner also, my wife raises the ol' eyebrow at me from time-to-time on purchases but she's seen me provide for her & our 4 children for the last 30 years on a single income so that usually balances us out. I sell quite a few over time also as I'm a bit of a minimalist.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Definitely a beautiful pistol!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Posts: 870 | Location: Morgan City, Louisiana | Registered: May 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post