SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CA On Roster P320 from Franklin Armory
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CA On Roster P320 from Franklin Armory Login/Join 
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted
https://franklinarmory.com/ca320/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nibjLt7HFQg

CA folks can finally buy an on roster P320 from Franklin Armory with a Franklin Armory grip module that only allows one bullet to be loaded at a time. Owners should be able to buy a standard grip module and magazines and have a normal P320 (from what I’ve read, everything else is from SIG), pretty cool for us in CA. Franklin Armory, also, said they will cover warranty for the entire firearm. Price is pretty high (MSRP being reported at $950), plus cost of grip and mags, but at least it’s an option VS buying one private party for like $1,500. These are the same guys that put bolt action AR pistols on the roster (simply without gas block, gas tube, and a barrel without gas port) and then the owners, so far, have been able to legally convert them to mag locked semi-auto. This P320 won’t need to be mag-locked from what I’ve gathered. I plan on buying one to go along with my Franklin Armory CA7 that I turned into a 9” .300Blk.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2446 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting.
I thought California had cancelled the Single Shot Exemption, but apparently not.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Who laughs the loudest the folks spending the extra money to jump through a loop hole or those making the 'hoops' to jump through?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Interesting.
I thought California had cancelled the Single Shot Exemption, but apparently not.

This shouldn’t fall under single shot exemption because it was not a semi auto converted to single shot, it was manufactured as a single shot.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2446 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The only downside I saw on the Reno May video I browsed through was if you could get the FCU without a safety as that will limit what grip frames you can use.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Who laughs the loudest the folks spending the extra money to jump through a loop hole or those making the 'hoops' to jump through?

Sometimes you get amazing creativity. The Kali Key will turn your AR into a bolt action rifle for about $125-250 and not jack up any part of your AR with California Autism. That way when either California is forced to drop their laws or you move to a free state, you buy a regular BCG and you have a fully functional AR.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
The only downside I saw on the Reno May video I browsed through was if you could get the FCU without a safety as that will limit what grip frames you can use.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nibjLt7HFQg" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ti...%2F&feature=emb_logo

Assuming you’re talking about this coming with a safety ya? The above shows how to delete the safety off the 320 because ya that’s a concern for some. A lot of the info I’m just trying to pass along from Calguns. Franklin Armory is even posting in the thread over there.

For those of us stuck in this place, there are some pretty creative approaches companies are taking because there are a ton of gun owners in CA so it’s worthwhile (Glock still making Gens 3s…) There are some that have seen some push back from DOJ, like Sky Tactical Fixed it for you mag lock device that locks a secondary small caliber mag in your AR’s pistol grip, thus allowing all the “evil” features plus standard mag release.
https://skytacticalsupply.com/fify/
DOJ sent a cease and desist for marketing it as a way around their laws so I’m curious if it technically is not illegal, thus legal… whole other thread.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Supremes™ need to just go ahead and smack the commie states on their pee pees.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The Supremes™ need to just go ahead and smack the commie states on their pee pees.

Oh they are, CRPA has a multitude of suits against the state and after Bruen we are looking great, it’s just a matter of time. That’s the thing, we just don’t know when all the shot will fall but CRPA has great suits against CA and judge Benitez has been a blessing to us. Hopefully based on the suits, the roster will fall, the AWB will fall, mag capacity will fall, ammo backgrounds will fall, etc… which IMO is good for other blue and purple states if we start hammering these lib fucks in court.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Bit of a crazy bump but I went ahead and bought one of these after my CCW agency said it could be added to my CCW. I grabbed a Wilson compact grip module and some neutered 10rd mags, see if they actually let me get it on my CCW.

Are there any other mods that I should look into? Main focus would be as a CCW to replace my Glock 26 I’ve been carrying for 4 years. After finger fucking my new gun at the FFL I think I can just add a red dot and be a happy camper!

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Did you get a Compact or a Carry grip module?

Oh. It says right there in your post. I must be blind. Or senile.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Let us know how it goes. I wonder how the state will deal with these. I hope they let you qual / list it on your ccw.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Should be taking her out Thursday. All ready to go, will fill out my CCW app soon and see what they say.

posted Hide Post
I have a Franklin P320 on the 10 day wait as I write this. My plan is similar to SS226's. Except I have the Wilson Carry size grip module since I have mags purchased during Freedom Week.

My USPSA competition pistol is an X5 and I really like it. I have a 365 on my CCW.

Having transitioned to Sigs from Glocks I really appreciate the Sig triggers and the modularity of the 320 and 365.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 27, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Midvalleyshooter:
I have a Franklin P320 on the 10 day wait as I write this. My plan is similar to SS226's. Except I have the Wilson Carry size grip module since I have mags purchased during Freedom Week.

My USPSA competition pistol is an X5 and I really like it. I have a 365 on my CCW.

Having transitioned to Sigs from Glocks I really appreciate the Sig triggers and the modularity of the 320 and 365.

Nice! Going with an optic? Still trying to decide if I should go Romeo, DPP, or different optic with plate or new slide.
Also, curious if another trigger would be worth it over the X series that comes on these, even was just looking at GG or AC adjustable trigger.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
CA folks can finally buy an on roster P320 from Franklin Armory with a Franklin Armory grip module that only allows one bullet to be loaded at a time.
Freaking what? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
CA folks can finally buy an on roster P320 from Franklin Armory with a Franklin Armory grip module that only allows one bullet to be loaded at a time.
Freaking what? Roll Eyes

They were able to add it to the roster so us peons can actually buy a CA320 and then just swap grip modules and have a regular P320, the only difference being Franklin Armory’s laser etching on a SIG FCU. They basically get the slide, barrel, and FCU from SIG, laser etch their info on it, then slap it on their single shot grip module. The only other way to get off roster is buying from LEO, moving into the state with them, or having a parent or child out of state gift it to you. The PPT market usually has P320s for $1,500 or higher. They’re supposedly already working on a 365 version, assuming people can get these on their CCW. I believe a person in San Diego County did and possibly San Bernardino County, at least that I know of. Some counties don’t allow single shot on their CCW, so some people are PPTing these to each other after making them semi auto so their DROS changes to semi auto. Apparently you can do it through a pawn return as well.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I understand the intent, but why does the state of California play games like this? They approve the pistol in its neutered form, knowing full well that each and every one of them sold in that freakish configuration will be altered into a fully-functioning pistol, so why the games? Just approve the P320 and be done with it.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I just don’t think actually understand much of the nuances of firearms and Franklin Armory has taken advantage of this. They even made a title 1 AR that is still in limbo and watching one of the court hearings, during a budget hearing of sorts, some dip shit brought this up and was the only one to speak and the court guy literally didn’t know what he was talking about but said it was bad so decided in favor of that guy to not allow the sale of the FA Title 1. I know that was horribly worded, hopefully the gist gets across, but it basically highlights how these stupid ass tards have no clue and they’re passing laws oh a whim or with no understanding. I just keep supporting Franklin Armory, bought a CA7 AR pistol, deposit on the Title 1, and now a CA320.

The roster may fall anyway eventually, our lower court judge decided in our favor but state is appealing obviously. We’ve had plenty of victories simply because, again, these tards don’t know shit so CRPA and co are tearing them apart in court and the judges are agreeing with them left and right.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I understand the intent, but why does the state of California play games like this? They approve the pistol in its neutered form, knowing full well that each and every one of them sold in that freakish configuration will be altered into a fully-functioning pistol, so why the games? Just approve the P320 and be done with it.

I don’t think CA law makers have the foresight of how their laws can be gamed legally. These are people who make a rule outlawing gas fueled cars in favor of EVs then the next day announce that EV owners shouldn’t charge their cars because the grid can’t handle the load. I’m sure they mimic the US representative who was saying the pistol brace acts like a bump stock to increase the rate of fire.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post