SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OK, How about a "The Ugliest Pistol" thread?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, How about a "The Ugliest Pistol" thread? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rohm "RG" revolver.

I owned one in the mid '60's. I could not hit the side of a barn with it, even if I was standing next to the barn. Certainly NOT German quality.

Paid $20 for the RG. Well before GCA68 went into effect.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Gabbet-Fairfax Mars

In addition to being ugly, it was unreliable, and also ridiculously huge.

Posts: 32531 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I'm going with the old school Steyr

I don’t know. I always liked those Steyrs….

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Some here will disagree but I think this one and it's compatriots should get at least a dishonorable mention:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
OK I would like to submit a 2nd entry and what I believe should win this thread.

The Japanese Type 94 Nambu pistol. I had forgotten about this pistol until I recently saw one pop into my feed on GB.

Produced from 1935 to 1945, the Steyr I mentioned previously is sleek and sexy in comparison to this monstrosity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_94_Nambu_pistol

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I'm going with the old school Steyr

That is the most freaking cool steampunk thing ever!

Posts: 632 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:

Even better... It has a fixed magazine that's fed from stripper clips:

And that ridged lumps towards the muzzle are actually a crossbar piece that holds the whole slide assembly onto the frame:

AND depressing the lever just above the left side grip panel causes the internal magazine to eject any remaining rounds out the top like a bullet fountain:

AND! there's a full auto machine pistol version with a shoulder stock and extended magazine:

It's a fantastically quirky early autoloader pistol design. But far from the ugliest pistol of all time. It's not even in the Top 20, in my opinion.

Posts: 32531 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with member sigarms, the Nambu is so ugly a mother could not love it.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:

For even MORE steampunk, they made a full auto, extended magazine, shoulder stocked DOUBLE PISTOL version.

I give you Austria's version of "hold my beer, y'all, we got this", the Doppelpistole M 12!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post