SIGforum
Gen 2 Glock 22 project

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2810097184

May 04, 2021, 09:11 PM
Nick
Gen 2 Glock 22 project
I have a gen 2 G22 that will be my next project. I’d like to put a long slide top end on it (G35 ish) that is cut for a red dot. Does anyone know of such a beast? Or would it be easier to convert it to a 9mm?

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
May 04, 2021, 10:45 PM
jljones
A Gen3 slide should work fine on it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

May 05, 2021, 06:42 AM
Nick
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
A Gen3 slide should work fine on it.

Thank you.

May 05, 2021, 03:26 PM
patw
Since you are putting a longer slide on it, I would go 9mm unless your set on the .40. There are many good manufacturers to get your stuff from like Lone Wolf, etc., but it can get pricey. I had a 35 years ago I converted to 9mm and had no issues with it, with only the 9mm conversion barrel but some people say to change out the ejector part on the 22 frame.
May 05, 2021, 03:53 PM
.38supersig
I was given a Gen2 G22 for fixing a truck. It wasn't in too good of shape, so it became a project gun. Destippling was just the beginning.

I was able to find some of the long slide ZEV uppers on sale. Bought two and sold the extra online. The price difference was enough to cost me $40 for the slide.

I had already converted it from 40 to 357 Sig with a carbine upper, but the new slide got me into 9mm for a while. It is currently chambered in 7.65mm.

Let us know how your project turns out.

May 05, 2021, 04:26 PM
HRK
With ammo the way it is, and whenever there is a shortage, 40 is always there on the shelf, I'd keep it a 40. Sold mine off and thinking of getting another, just for these occasions...
May 05, 2021, 04:28 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
With ammo the way it is, and whenever there is a shortage, 40 is always there on the shelf, I'd keep it a 40. Sold mine off and thinking of getting another, just for these occasions...

I agree. A .40 is worth having simply for this reason alone.

May 05, 2021, 08:09 PM
Nick
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I have lots of .40 on the shelf, and its one i can still get locally, so I think I will stay with it for this project.