SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock Lubrication Points
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Lubrication Points Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
However you do it, just make sure your Glock is lubed and ready to go.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You don't need lube on the barrel locking shoulder? (Circled point.)

I have always put some there, or on the locking lug(s) of the "old-school" type.

Posts: 28638 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ogive40
posted Hide Post
you can put oil there- anywhere metal on metal. That connector/trigger bar area is what many neglect to clean and gently oil.

"The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental."
John Steinbeck

Posts: 2230 | Location: NJ | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
"However you do it"?? How 'bout I pour oil on the oustide of the grip frame?

I posted the correct procedure, straight from the horse's mouth. These are the correct instructions.

Posts: 108999 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:

A gentleman always does. Wink

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The SIG needs to be wet. Real wet.

The Glock says, "Just give me one drop and I'll kick asses again and again." Love it.

Q

Posts: 27491 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Thats for posting that para. I made a mistake and lubed up my new Glock 19 like my Sigs with a decent amount of grease, that and I completely missed that area around the connector/trigger bar. I went out to the garage, cleaned it again by removing the TW25B and oiled it per those specs. I must say Ive always had good luck preventing sig “smileys” by using grease. Is there any harm to still coating the barrel and hood are under the top of the slide with a light coat of grease?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, many years ago, when I started to really get into firearms but didn't know any better about Glock not wanting to be wet, I posted a pic of my Glock dripping in oil over GT. Man, the guys were on my case like "Dude, WTF are you doing?" Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27491 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have my Armors' book from Glock 1992 the lub points are still the same. Thanks Para this is a basic point for folks that did not real the owners manual. I know it usually thats one good azz chewing to get the point with fresh meat recruits..VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Thats for posting that para. I made a mistake and lubed up my new Glock 19 like my Sigs with a decent amount of grease, that and I completely missed that area around the connector/trigger bar. I went out to the garage, cleaned it again by removing the TW25B and oiled it per those specs. I must say Ive always had good luck preventing sig “smileys” by using grease. Is there any harm to still coating the barrel and hood are under the top of the slide with a light coat of grease?

Nope... That's EXACTLY how I've been rolling with all my Glocks. Think about it. If a Glock couldn't run reliably with a bunch of lube, how could they run when they get dirty and muddy? The key is to keep grease and lube out of the FP channel.

Trust me, if it were possible to over lube a Glock, I'd have done so long ago.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, that didn't come from SIG, but from independent 'smiths (like Flork.) I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's not, AFAIK, "official".

What Para posted, AFAIK, IS Glock's official recommendation.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The SIG needs to be wet. Real wet.

The Glock says, "Just give me one drop and I'll kick asses again and again." Love it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post