SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock Lubrication Points
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Lubrication Points Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
"To properly lubricate your Glock pistol after it has been thoroughly cleaned and dried, use a clean patch that has been slightly dampened with quality gun oil.
Wipe the outside of barrel, including the barrel hood and lugs, the inside top of the slide forward of the ejection port where the barrel hood rubs against the slide and the opening that the barrel slides through in the front of the slide. One drop of oil should be spread along the entire length of each slide rail cut. Most important, a drop of oil is needed where the rear end of the trigger bar touches the connector at the right rear corner of the frame.

This will assure proper lubrication of your Glock pistol without over-lubricating. Glock pistols are designed to operate properly with only small amounts of lubrication."

- Preventive Maintenance of the Glock Semi-Automatic Safe-Action Pistol, 2003, pp 11-12

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Yessir, doesn't take much.

Posts: 11410 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This is what I have always been taught. Now, I've been told by others that grease should be used. I've never had any trouble, though, just this with oil.

Posts: 3477 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We have some of our police academy cadets who will practically hose down their Glocks with gun oil, to the point where they're dripping. This usually results in malfunctions as the day goes on and the excess oil starts to collect fouling and turn into sludge, especially if they get oil in their striker channel.

I typically tell them to totally wipe it down really well with dry rags, and refer them back to the handy lube point diagram in their manuals.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I lubricate sparingly per the pic above. The only other area I add 1 drop of oil to is front of the barrel lug slot that contacts the slide takedown plate where the two pieces mate together.

Posts: 3581 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
The only other area I add 1 drop of oil to is front of the barrel lug slot that contacts the slide takedown plate where the two pieces mate together.

I do this as well. I try to keep my Glocks mostly dry.

Posts: 1400 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
The only other area I add 1 drop of oil to is front of the barrel lug slot that contacts the slide takedown plate where the two pieces mate together.

I do this as well. I try to keep my Glocks mostly dry.

Same here. After a good cleaning I'll wipe the whole thing dry, then use a qtip to very lightly apply a small amount of oil to those points. I use CLP out of habit. Has worked for many years, many glocks, and tens of thousands of rounds. If you count the range guns I used to maintain...millions of rounds.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I must be the odd man out. I shoot mine, scrub the barrel and other fouled parts with Hoppes #9, hit it with crud blaster, dry them off, then spray them inside and all over with Ballistol and wipe off the excess.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, I needed a reminder that I’ve been remiss in cleaning/lubing my Glocks.

All the best
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7184 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I use 5 drops of oil (per the manual) on my Glock. have never experienced a malfunction. Had worked well with my G23 which I had for many years, but sold after acquiring my G19 gen 5, still works just as well on the G19.

Posts: 13713 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I did a full detail strip of my classic frying pan finish 2004 Gen3 G19 and put a nice little glob of TW25 grease right where the connector and the trigger bar make contact.

I really like the TW25 grease. The syringe applicator really helps with getting the grease in tight spaces.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1769 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
The factory spec is the standard for sure.

Still, I tend to go crazy lubing my Glocks about like I do my SIGs. I keep lube out of the FP channel, but it's a combo of Breakfree & RIG+P on the exterior of the barrel, slide rails and in the top of the slide in front of the chamber. When I rack the slide and grease oozes out the back of the frame, I wipe that all over the slide. Prior to going to the range, I take a toothbrush with RIG+P and hit the chamber side and top to minimize wear to the finish.

Overkill? Certainly...

Reliability? Guaranteed!!!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm guilty of over lubing my Glorks.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like a little grease on the slide rails myself. A little dab will do ya.

Posts: 218 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now do 1911's Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Now do 1911's Smile

Would probably look like a block of grease you can see the outline of a pistol within... Wink

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Glocks need lubrication? Big Grin

Posts: 6709 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So's they don't squeak

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
You guys lube your glocks?

I mean, seriously it just takes a tiny, tiny bit. I see people who literally have it dripping. Silly.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
You guys lube your glocks?
??