SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If a US patent application for the magazine was filed only recently, the application will not show in PTO data. An application for a patent that seems close was filed by Jones October 8, 2014 and the application was published on April 9, 2015 as US 2015/0096214 A1.

Possibility exists that Sig bought rights to Jones' application.

Still, since we are talking about a Sig striker fired pistol, one should wait until at least the first recall or at least one year.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
If a US patent application for the magazine was filed only recently, the application will not show in PTO data. An application for a patent that seems close was filed by Jones October 8, 2014 and the application was published on April 9, 2015 as US 2015/0096214 A1.

Still, since we are talking about a Sig striker fired pistol, one should wait until at least the first recall or at least one year.

So the patent on the P365 magazine may not just be marketing mumbo jumbo? Thanks for the information.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The just used a staggered stacked mag rather than a true double stack.
CZ's 75 series has the same type of mag.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
It looks like it's actually a true double stack at the bottom that transitions through staggered to single stack at the top. I've not yet seen one in person, so maybe someone who has one can say whether the place that they narrowed it allows the trigger bar to sit closer to the centerline, thereby allowing single-stack frame thickness with a higher cap mag?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

So the patent on the P365 magazine may not just be marketing mumbo jumbo? Thanks for the information.

It is, I assure you. Everyone has patents for everything. For example, every piston upper has a patent. Saying, “the new super bad ass upper in 5.56 has a patented design that is sure to knock down bears in one shot!” People who think “patent pending” means something, such as yourself apparently, are exactly the folks this marketing mumbo jumbo is aimed at.

Oooooh, it’s “patented?!?!?!?”

Saying something is “patented” by default is marketing mumbo jumbo. Heck, I bet the flip flops I’m wearing right now have a patent on them.

If it’s truly revolutionary, then the patent will hold and others won’t be able to copy it. Wanna bet Glock and S&W have a version of the 365 in no time? Name the number and I’ll bet you.

Still waiting for you to tell me what the 365 mag is made of since you said it’s not made of metal...

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
quote:

It is, I assure you. Everyone has patents for everything. For example, every piston upper has a patent. Saying, “the new super bad ass upper in 5.56 has a patented design that is sure to knock down bears in one shot!” People who think “patent pending” means something, such as yourself apparently, are exactly the folks this marketing mumbo jumbo is aimed at.

Saying something is “patented” by default is marketing mumbo jumbo. Heck, I bet the flip flops I’m wearing right now have a patent on them.

If it’s truly revolutionary, then the patent will hold and others won’t be able to copy it. Wanna bet Glock and S&W have a version of the 365 in no time? Name the number and I’ll bet you.

Still waiting for you to tell me what the 365 mag is made of since you said it’s not made of metal...

I already answered your question. Go back and read.

But you never answered my question... if this isn’t any sort of revolutionary new design/technology, then why wasn’t there already a sub compact pistol as small as the P365 that could hold 10 to 12 rounds? Why is there a similarly sized (but slightly larger) Glock 43 with only 6 to 8 round capacity if anyone could have produced this gun?

Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
if this isn’t any sort of revolutionary new design/technology, then why wasn’t there already a sub compact pistol as small as the P365 that could hold 10 to 12 rounds?

While maybe not of the same quality, the Keltec P11 is pretty close to the SIG P365 in size and has the same capacity. So a small 9mm pistol with a 10 round mag has been done before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Far too much arguing on who developed the mag and resulting patents and not enough credit to SIG for producing a small functioning firearm which is something none of the other popular manufacturers have yet figured out.
Unless one is a 100% fanboy of one brand or another, this tiny firearm with it's great sights and shootability is something different and I suspect the other big names are scratching their heads and scrambling.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
SIG doesn't need the credit, they're getting the cash. They're selling every one of these they can make, and will be until the other major manufacturers can duplicate it's round count for the size.

quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
Far too much arguing on who developed the mag and resulting patents and not enough credit to SIG for producing a small functioning firearm which is something none of the other popular manufacturers have yet figured out.
Unless one is a 100% fanboy of one brand or another, this tiny firearm with it's great sights and shootability is something different and I suspect the other big names are scratching their heads and scrambling.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Anyone put trijicon HD's on a 365 yet?

I spoke with Sig CS today and they are standard Sig Dovetails milled in the slide so the #6/#8 set for the 938 should work

Im having difficulty picking up the green front sight. This is not isolated to the 365. something Ive started to notice over the last 6 months (my eyes are getting old Big Grin )

wanting to go with the orange front

Snwghst - You have mail Sir from me...Thanks Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Anyone put trijicon HD's on a 365 yet?

I spoke with Sig CS today and they are standard Sig Dovetails milled in the slide so the #6/#8 set for the 938 should work

Im having difficulty picking up the green front sight. This is not isolated to the 365. something Ive started to notice over the last 6 months (my eyes are getting old Big Grin )

wanting to go with the orange front

Snwghst - You have mail Sir from me...Thanks Mark

Replied

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone that preordered from Brownells seen their P365 yet?

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
Has anyone that preordered from Brownells seen their P365 yet?

Mine was preordered on 2/1/18 and no clue yet.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will wait a year for the recall and drop testing. By then if Glock hasn't made one I might consider it.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for a P365 for more than a month. My local sig dealer said I would have a better chance finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn. Well after many weeks of searching I finaly found the elusive P365. Now the wait for my local FFL to recieve it. Range report forthcoming.

Posts: 103 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
I will wait a year for the recall and drop testing. By then if Glock hasn't made one I might consider it.

Recall already happened and all the new reports and videos I have seen say that Sig fixed the issues.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
My early production P365 went back for the return to battery issues. I now have 1K trouble free rounds thru it. I've run at least 8 different types of ammo thru it.

My current carry round is 115gr Hornady XTPs.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This ^^^^^^^^^
Wow - so much arguing about the mags and so, so many multi-quotes!! Mine is still on order from Brownell's and I have a number of smaller (and less expensive!) options to tote around until SIG decides to ship a batch to Iowa. The SIG Pro dealer here in the area continues to say June or later.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://tooeleshootingsupply.c...ig-sauer-365-9-bxr3/

I just ordered one from here 4pm est., says 2 left. 5pm 1 left, 7pm sold out. orderd from here before they make lt easy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scottyboy,

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, didn't SIG learn the hard way about patents with the SIG516 piston that was identical to someone else's piston - LWRC IIRC? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post