SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPS M2 magazine issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPS M2 magazine issue Login/Join 
posted
It's a 6-rounder. Recently a few times the slide locked back with 1 round still left in the mag.

I compared the follower to my other 7 rounder mag and they look identical and in great condition. What could be the problem/solution? New mag spring? Thanks!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
First, call Walther. They may do a warranty replacement of the magazine.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Do you shoot with the six rounder regularly? I ask because there is not a lot of grip real estate and maybe you are actuating the slide lock. That’s my Occam’s razor thought.

Other then that like para said try to get a replacement mag.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don’t have that issue with my 6 rounders? Mag out of spec? Para’s right. Contact Walther or discard the mag.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup thank you folks. I will contact Walther Monday.

I don't shoot the 6-rounder as much as the 7 and 8-rounders but never had this issue before until the last 2 outings. Yeah could be me inadvertently hitting the slide lock but never happened before.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post