SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Dad's Collection in 1961!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Dad's Collection in 1961! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
Wow! If only he'd been able to hang on to all of these! Today, I ran across this 1961 photo of my late father's gun collection. I've seen it many times over the years and (prior to his passing) listened to his tale of having to sell so many of the "good" guns he had to pay for the lawyers during the divorce my parents went through in the 1970's. I inherited the 1918 vintage Springfield .45 ACP 1911 pistol, but all the Colt SAAs and Lighting revolvers were "in the wind" long before his passing.

Pretty nice collection for its day!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pretty nice collection for its day!

Nice collection for any days.

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Cool pic!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3213 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Colt fan, your Dad. Cool collection.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice that Fitz Special right above the colt woodsman?

Very cool!!!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Looks like 2 Lightnings, 2 Bisleys and to the far left, 3 1849s. He liked his Colts.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the Lightning Rifle! You sure don't see one of those everyday!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:

I believe you are right! Good eye.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good eye pbramlett, I was about to remark on the Detective Special until you posted that. That's a seriously cool collection right there.

Posts: 1628 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

So much awesome in that pic.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:

I believe you are right! Good eye.

You guys are right on! I never noticed it before and (knowing my Dad) it was probably the real deal! Eek

Here's my pic of the 1911 (depicted in the above photo too), that was left to me. It was built by Springfield Armory in 1918 and had been issued to a neighbor/friend of my father's, who'd served in WWI as a Captain in the Medical Corps.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Your father had taste. That's a fine collection, there. A shame you didn't get ahold of more of it.

Posts: 17161 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post