SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why do Kahr pistol get disrespected so often?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do Kahr pistol get disrespected so often? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Having grown up In the reverend sun young moon era and the moonies. I am not in the mood to help his son (Patrick ? Moon owner of Kahr)out financially in any way shape or form. But that is me.

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:

Second, on the polymer Kahrs, a lot of people assume the steel slide is riding on only polymer rails. In fact, the polymer Kahr pistols have small steel rails inserted in the lower dust cover area of the frame and at the rear of the frame for the slide to ride on.

Correct. The little "rail" sticking up in the approximate center of the frame is only an assembly guide, to keep from getting the slide in a bind on the rear frame rails. I can understand that the plastic shaving off it doesn't inspire confidence.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my PM9 but I would couldn’t see myself choosing it over a P365

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a CW380 before, and have a P380 now. Both have run reliably. I did buy them both used though, and I stay pretty picky about the ammo I use in them.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I am the owner of a Kahr CM .45 ACP,I must admit i've only shot it once and only two magazines.No problem with those to magazines.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
I picked up a TP9 many years ago, used. Not knowing what the previous owner had done, I did the full break-in procedure. The gun never missed a beat, digested numerous types of ammo without so much as hiccup. The Kahr trigger is "different:, and as one previous poster noted, a lot like a revolver. I doubt I will ever sell mine.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a PM9. Mine is reliable. I have often said that while the trigger pull is long and heavyish, I can shoot the little gun remarkably well. It is hard to explain, because the feel of the trigger would make you think it will be hard to shoot well, but there must me something about the geometry of the whole thing that works even with the feel of the trigger.

I have heard complaints about reliability. I don't know what to make of them. Maybe it is just louder complaining from people who aren't happy. Maybe there are some guns that are lemons, while the basic design is sound. Maybe QC is variable.

Not liking these guns because the owner is the son of a crackpot preacher seems silly.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post