SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Police Trade-ins ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Trade-ins ?? Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
There was a post about Aim Surplus Police Trade-in P229's in .357 Sig with the DAK trigger.

Does anyone other than Aim Surplus ever have these guns?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Summit Gun Broker routinely gets lots of police trade-ins, including Sigs. But the supply of Sig P-series trade-ins has slowed significantly over the past several years, since there aren't as many departments using them anymore.

They don't currently have that specific model, but they do have PD trade-in P226s in .40, as well as a smattering of other lone used Sigs (P225, P228, P229).

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoil does a fairly robust trade in used police firearms, with some really good deals at times. I've bought several Colt rifles and a number of handguns from them. Aim, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...rtsman/used-firearms

As always, tons of Fotay LEO trade ins available.

Bought a Fair G23.4 from them a couple of Xmas's ago for $319. Wear was actually not bad, looked like a training gun, dirty and worn plastic sights, with a couple specks of rust on one part of the slide. Shot it a bit then converted it to a G19.4 with a new OEM slide and ejector, but I can switch it back if needed / ammo shortage / etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also: Osage County Guns
I bought a CPO 229 from them and it was like new. Great transaction and easy to deal with.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigforum User DaBigBR has an ongoing thread in the classifieds with several P229 police trades (.40 S&W, DAK) for under $350. They are trades from my agency so I know they’re all pretty decent, especially for the price.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Summit and AIm are my first choices.

^^^THIS^^^

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I second recoil gunworks...some amazing deals to be had there....got to be quick, though, sometime they get limited stock and it goes fast

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Town Gun Shop in Richmond, VA just took in my local PD's P229R .40S&W pistols. I heard they are selling them for $400. I think the PD had them for about a year and a half, though they were provided to them from our local Sheriff's Dept., that had them new in storage since they were bought. They are short extractor models. The Dept. is only 10 officers, and a couple had personally owned pistols, so there aren't many.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by US_P225:
Town Gun Shop in Richmond, VA just took in my local PD's P229R .40S&W pistols. I heard they are selling them for $400. I think the PD had them for about a year and a half, though they were provided to them from our local Sheriff's Dept., that had them new in storage since they were bought. They are short extractor models. The Dept. is only 10 officers, and a couple had personally owned pistols, so there aren't many.

Town is good people,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by US_P225:

Town is good people,

Is the short extractor good or bad?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:

Is the short extractor good or bad?

It seems to matter to some, I haven't seen anything to confirm the longer extractor is inferior.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post