SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Reverse two-tone all stainless rail-less tail-less P226 NAVY
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reverse two-tone all stainless rail-less tail-less P226 NAVY Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Upper: from the Osage MK25 slide sale recently.

Lower: from the rail-less tail-less all stainless German P226 from 2012, by Afton Arms.

Result: my home configured reverse two-tone all stainless rail-less tail-less P226 Navy. Cool

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Handsome

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You can see its chrome lined bore. You cant add that much cool to a Navy model.. Big Grin. You really have, in its original configuration, one of the finest P226 pistols ever made.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I like it very much. I dig reverse two tone in general and like blue in grips and knife scales so this one scratches my itch so to speak.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
NICE! (Borat voice)

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a word: B E A U T I F U L

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Dayum, that looks awesome.

I wish Sig would get its head out of its ass and make all stainless pistols, sans the rail. All they need to do is look at GB prices of their stainless pistols versus their plastic ware and see the huge demand (= price), but their marketing personnel are too fucking ignorant.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
WOW !!! Nice!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hah, awesome. This is exactly my plan with my new tome p226 SSE.

I am going to swap out the 40 slide for the navy.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Pretty slick, grips look good too.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking gun you built. "Anchors Aweigh"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say, the new slide is a positive improvement in the general looks of the pistol
While I didn't take the time to do the fancy photos, and my pistol is the much less desirable SSE with its beavertail and proprietary rail.

Before.

After
I slathered the rails of mine in grease as it arrived outside the little plastic baggy dry as a bone.

I need to weigh it to be sure, but I think the 40sw slide and barrel are heavier than this navy.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Nice. I prefer dark slide for sight picture.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
I’m probably in the minority but I prefer the original all stainless finish P226 SL that the frame comes from. Smile But I have to admit yours is the nicest NAVY I’ve seen.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I agree wgsigs. That is a very sweet P226 Q has. I believe Member Jupiter has one of the very rare all stainless P226 pistols non rail or tail. Maybe about 2 have been seen here over the years besides Qs' pistol.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Wow! That thing is stunning!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That looks great!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
There isn't a very good source for frames is there?

Only thing keeping me from buying a slide is the fact that I'll likely never find a frame for it.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That MK25 slide assembly will fit on any standard DA/SA P226 (including 40/.357Sig) frame out there. I’m not sure about the single action variety. Lower-only guns pop up on broker occasionally. At any rate, for a new MK25 upper with night sights, the price is a steal and worth getting and stashing away.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post