SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The call of the bucket list: my ultimate .22LR pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The call of the bucket list: my ultimate .22LR pistol Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
It's just a week, right? That'd be seven long can't-think-of-anything-else days.

Yeah, I've been there too.

My most recent instant purchase was an Allround that was being sold as a 'stainless P226'. Couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

Just a few more days to go... Tick. Tick. Tick...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Nill grips, which are shaped exactly like the P210A Target Grips. The current version has checkering but mine are stippled, which was discontinued.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's just a week, right?

Tomorrow is pickup day. Apparently this FFL dealer makes its customers wait the FULL 10 business days that WA State sets as a guideline in its regulations, even though what the state actually says it can be released as soon as the results are back from the customer's PD regardless of whether the 10 business day limit is reached.

And because I'm in the biz, I actually have a very good idea WHEN my background check was sent back to this dealer. I've regularly talk to my PD about checks for OUR customers. And my own recent background checks have been taking 3 business days to return...to OUR shop.

So my reply to this retailer-mandated 2-week wait: GRRR.

At least I now have a personal understanding why this shop gets beat up in its social media and Google reviews.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. The Model 41 is a great gun, I have 2 of them - an older A Series with cocking indicator and 7 3/8" barrel with muzzle brake and a 1970s 5 1/2" heavy barrel. Both are great shooters, I'm sure you will enjoy your gun.

Posts: 264 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ScoobyDoo,

What's with the vent rib, I have not seen one like that; not on the S&W www.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Mine has been near flawless (bobbles when very fouled) with CCI standard velocity.

In my own testing, it takes a significant price premium to get a measurable jump in performance ammunition wise compared to CCI standard.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
ScoobyDoo,

What's with the vent rib, I have not seen one like that; not on the S&W www.

EWK Arms used to offer a venting service - I don't know whether they still do. You send them your 5" or 7.5" barrel and they mill the vents and re-blue it. The re-bluing does wash out the markings some (e.g., the Smith & Wesson moniker). I bought a second barrel to get the venting done so I would still have the original barrel as is.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post