SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Navy Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Navy Range Report Login/Join 
posted
Picked a new one up Friday. Finally got it out today. It's big for my 10 round limit here in CT but don't care. 400 rounds of Fed Am Eagle 115 fmj and blazer brass 115 fmj.
What a great pistol. Very easy to shoot. Very accurate almost zero recoil, decent double action and very crisp SA reset.
I will now being it to the range with my M9, my CZ Sp101 tactical and have a shoot off to see if there is any real difference in accuracy

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The P226, like most all Sig pistols, has always been capable of good accuracy. With the little 9mm cartridge its just a give in. Geez even the early design of folded steel slides could be expected to shoot very accurate. I've read the CZ is a shooter as well and may well out shoot a P series with respective ammo. Beretta as well is known to shoot accurate. I tried to find a way to seperate them in a defense format but dont seem to be able to. You can pretty much count on a P226 to be very accurate for the guns intended purpose.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a Navy from right after they did the NSW serial numbers back in maybe ‘04 ish. It has a standard U serial number and phosphate coated controls and internals. Pretty much the exact gun that was issued I was told. Some say that these were actually contract over runs though I’m skeptical of that.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The P226 is my all time favorite handgun. Shoot me an email if you're interested in some 10 round magazines.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post