SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring Login/Join 
Picture of 99623
posted
I've received a Sear Housing Assembly from the factory. When I installed the assembly I noticed that the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring was missing. Upon further investigation on the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring, I've been reading that some newer P320 do not have the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring, and other older Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring have them.

Roll Eyes The spring is still available on several web site's, so ordering one is not a problem, they are cheap, however the factory didn't send it with the Sear Housing Assembly and the technician at Sig Sauer said it was a complete Sig Sauer P320 Sear Housing Assembly.

Eek What is the consciences of the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring not being used and the firearm will function fine. OR Is it going to be a issue, and I need to order a Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring. Eek

Smile Thanks for your help. Smile

Thanks to Grayguns for my Sig P320 parts. Smile Smile
Thanks to the forum members for their imput. Smile Smile

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 99623:
I've received a Sear Housing Assembly from the factory. When I installed the assembly I noticed that the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring was missing. Upon further investigation on the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring, I've been reading that some newer P320 do not have the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring, and other older Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring have them.

Roll Eyes The spring is still available on several web site's, so ordering one is not a problem, they are cheap, however the factory didn't send it with the Sear Housing Assembly and the technician at Sig Sauer said it was a complete Sig Sauer P320 Sear Housing Assembly.

Eek What is the consciences of the Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring not being used and the firearm will function fine. OR Is it going to be a issue, and I need to order a Sig Sauer P320 Safety Lever Spring. Eek

If your P320 has gone through the Voluntary Recall, then it won't have that spring.

Since most of the P320's in the wild have gone through the recall and are essentially a "Gen 2", that spring has become an obsolete part.

I would encourage everyone to make sure that the recall is done.
The end result is a better firearm.

Now you see it :
(early schematic)
https://www.midwestgunworks.co...auer-p320/parts.html

Now you don't :
(current schematic)
https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-s...s/p320-parts-picker/

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:

If your P320 has gone through the Voluntary Recall, then it won't have that spring.

Since most of the P320's in the wild have gone through the recall and are essentially a "Gen 2", that spring has become an obsolete part.

Now you see it :
(early schematic)

Now you don't :
(current schematic)

This is my P320 factory builder, everything will be new, nothing is modified. I don't know anything about the recall, however I will leave it out. That's one less part I need to worry about.

Thanks for your input.

David

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now you see it :
(early schematic)

Now you don't :
(current schematic)

This is my P320 factory builder, everything will be new, nothing is modified. I don't know anything about the recall, however I will leave it out. That's one less part I need to worry about.

Thanks for your input.

David

You need to learn about the recall.
That is mandatory, especially if you are building.

If you are building, you need to make sure that you have all the Gen 2 parts.
I have built one from parts now, and it's kinda hard to screw up as long as you keep your eyes open and know your parts.

Pro Tip:
If you are using all stock parts, one nice upgrade is to use the over-travel bushing from the guy on Ebay.
It makes a stock trigger feel much nicer and it's cheap.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-P...f:g:ZkAAAOSwXKddw1IY

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now you see it :
(early schematic)

Now you don't :
(current schematic)

Thanks for your input.

David

I have built one from parts now, and it's kinda hard to screw up as long as you keep your eyes open and know your parts.

Pro Tip:
If you are using all stock parts, one nice upgrade is to use the over-travel bushing from the guy on Ebay.

I'm going through the manufacturer Sig Sauer for the OEM slide, and that's got to be to be a upgraded model since they are the builder. The sear housing assembly is also a Sig Sauer factory part.

I will keep my eyes on the parts.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now you see it :
(early schematic)

Now you don't :
(current schematic)

Thanks for your input.

David

Pro Tip:

I'm going through the manufacturer Sig Sauer for the OEM slide, and that's got to be to be a upgraded model since they are the builder. The sear housing assembly is also a Sig Sauer factory part.

Recommend you watch this video from SIG explaining the P320 upgrade :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...JwE&feature=emb_logo

Pro Tip :

Sear Housing
1) Make sure you have the Gen 2 part
2) Before driving the roll pin (Spirol Pin) make sure that the "bird's head" (disconnector)
another Gen 2 part is in place

These two parts must go in together.
You cannot get the disco in after the sear housing is installed !

And watch the Sig Sauer Guy video on how to deal with the Trigger Bar Spring !
Many choke on this and bend the spring.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DirectDrive,

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now you see it :
(early schematic)

Now you don't :
(current schematic)

Thanks for your input.

David

Pro Tip:

Recommend you watch this video from SIG explaining the P320 upgrade :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...JwE&feature=emb_logo

Pro Tip :

Sear Housing
1) Make sure you have the Gen 2 part
2) Before driving the roll pin (Spirol Pin) make sure that the "bird's head" (disconnector)
another Gen 2 part is in place

These two parts must go in together.
You cannot get the disco in after the sear housing is installed !

And watch the Sig Sauer Guy video on how to deal with the Trigger Bar Spring !
Many choke on this and bend the spring.

I'm watching the video twice, and I see the trigger bar spring is a PITA to get it just right. This is some excellent material.

I'm going to put a bookmark on this so I can watch it again.

Smile Thanks a bunch. Smile

Actually these Sig Sauer firearms are quite easy to understand, work on, assembly.

I've worked on a lot of firearms, some are exacerbating to assemble, others are easy going, then you have some pistols that are built to be to serviced, this P320 is really easy peasy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 99623,

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
I have to admit this is a really nice firearm, Sig Sauer really has some nice machined parts. Wink

I'm going to order the slide from Sig Sauer so it will be updated. Actually the slides are quite nifty, you have a lot of choices. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to admit this is a really nice firearm, Sig Sauer really has some nice machined parts. Wink

I'm going to order the slide from Sig Sauer so it will be updated. Actually the slides are quite nifty, you have a lot of choices. Smile

You don't want to order "the slide".
You want to order the Professional Series slide.
In my opinion, this is the best P320 slide available.
Why ?

It has :
X-Ray iron sights (SIG's best)
Rear dovetail cut (yes!)
R1P/DPP slide milling (most up to date milling)
Optic cover plate screws on from top down
(this fixes the bottom up mistake)

OOS at the moment.
Get on the waiting list and/or search the part number.
https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-8900142.html

ETA
Some of these are drilled and tapped for RMR.
Great for irons and also set up for the latest optics.

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You don't want to order "the slide".
You want to order the Professional Series slide.
In my opinion, this is the best P320 slide available.
Why ?

It has :
X-Ray iron sights (SIG's best)
Rear dovetail cut (yes!)
R1P/DPP slide milling (most up to date milling)
Optic cover plate screws on from top down
(this fixes the bottom up mistake)

OOS at the moment.
Get on the waiting list and/or search the part number.
https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-8900142.html

ETA
Some of these are drilled and tapped for RMR.
Great for irons and also set up for the latest optics.

I like it a lot. Smile
Now I need to find one. Eek

posted Hide Post
Also it has the X-Series/Legion slide serration "slant angle".
It aligns (is parallel) with grip angle for a slightly "cooler look" as compared to the flatter angle found on the standard guns.

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
I've ordered the the "over-travel bushing" which makes sense to install. Smile

I'm getting in new parts every day, nothing is used. I chose the 9mm round since it's a widely used round, easy to locate here where I live.

I have different handguns .45, .357, .38, .22, 7.62, .32, .25, .40, .32 short, 99mm, etc. This way I have a variety of ammo if something is not in stock at the gun store.

posted Hide Post
I sent a couple in for the voluntary recall and one came back with the spring, and the other without the spring. I called Sig, and requested a spring because without it, the safety lever flops around, and with the spring, which holds it forward, it's just easier to put the slide back on.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
I sent a couple in for the voluntary recall and one came back with the spring, and the other without the spring. I called Sig, and requested a spring because without it, the safety lever flops around, and with the spring, which holds it forward, it's just easier to put the slide back on.

Good idea! Smile