SIGforum
Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry Fastback Guide Rod?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2610073534

December 29, 2017, 10:35 PM
TexasRaider
Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry Fastback Guide Rod?
Anyone put one of Wilson's drop in guide rod to a Sig 1911 yet? I was given an Emperor Scorpion Fastback Carry for Christmas, am thinking of putting in a full length guide rod for it, wondering who much fitting might be required. And before anyone asks "Why?" I'll just say "Because".

Also, wondering what mags might fit a bit more flush...the factory Sig mags work flawlessly, but have a small ugly gap at the bottom where they stick out juuuuuust a bit too much. Wondering if a standard 7 round mil-spec type would fit better....

Thanks all!

December 30, 2017, 06:46 AM
rbert0005
Leave the full length guide rod where it belongs. In the parts bin.

Take your pick on mags. There are a bunch of good ones.
Tripp,Wilson,CMC,Checkmate,etc, etc.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.
December 30, 2017, 12:51 PM
wolfe 21
FLGR should be a drop in part, though you will need a new spring end cap with the cut out for the guide rod to pass through. I am of the same opinion as above though. They don't provide any advantage as far as I'm concerned.

The only flush mags I have are Springfield Armory 7 rounders that shipped with my guns. I prefer the 8 round 47D from Wilson, as I tend to put magwells on all my 1911s.

A Perpetual Disappointment...