SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield Armory 1911A1 Defender quick review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory 1911A1 Defender quick review Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I have been wanting a basic 1911 for some time. I was torn between spending the money for a Dan Wesson Parkerized mil spec or going cheap. PSA had these for $499 with free shipping which was a price I was ok with. I figure if it needed some work to run well I would still be ahead of the game.

I picked it up and went to the range the same day. I put about 75 rounds of Blazer Brass 230gr ball through it with no issues. I think that when broken in it it will be a real nice shooting pistol. If your looking for a value priced 1911 this is a good option.

Pros
Smooth trigger
Finish was really nice
Accurate- consistently ringing plates at 25 yards

Cons
Controls were a bit stiff (mag release, thumb safety)

Thanks
Ed

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3698 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I have been thinking about picking one up.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't need another 1911 but this looks solid. I have a Springfield Loaded parkerized and it is a great pistol. This looks like an awesome no frills shooter. Congrats.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post