SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a mint Ruger P90
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a mint Ruger P90 Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
Today I hit a local gun/hunting shop as a "preview" for Black Friday. On Friday all used guns will be 20% off. I thought I'd go in and see whats in the case since I will probably be in Friday morning.

Well there I am looking at a Mint (99%) condition Ruger P90DC .45acp (Decocker only, no manual safety) in the box with 2 factory mags,a 10rd USA mag (junk), manuals, mag loading tool, lock and a cheap Fobus paddle holster. Price $289.

Yeah, I'll just take that right now I told the guy behind the counter.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My favorite .45.

Q

Posts: 26188 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
Every now and then I will pull out my first semi-auto, my P89 and run her through her paces.

Each time I deeply appreciate how well built and functional this weapon is.

Great pick up on your part, enjoy.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've never shot one, but they definitely appear to have a following. For that price, it would be hard to say no! Nice find!

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW....you stole that. Great pistol !

Posts: 916 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving!! Yeowza!

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My friend has a P90. I tried to get it to jam, filling it with a variety of different bullets. It ate everything without a single failure. It is a really built handgun, IMO.

I hope you will post a range report.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would qualify as a super deal I would think. Ruger over built all of their P-series pistols. I didn’t sell any of them that I purchased. All in the safe. Some still get shot at a rare range session.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat. I remember reading about those in the gun rags when they were released (30 years ago!). Mas Ayoob's PD carried those for a number of years, he always raved about them in his articles.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that is a fantastic purchase.

I love my p89II (250$) a couple of years ago.

I ended up sending mine to adco to have the barrel extended and threaded.

It is a fun gun to shoot supressed.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incredible bargain! Congrats!

The first time I shot one of these was during a concealed carry class and belonged to one of my students. I was shocked at how much I liked it. It recoiled less than any .45 I've ever shot and was really accurate.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for $300 about 2 1/2 years ago pretty much because it reminded me of a friend who loved the movie Desperado. And the P90s had a starring role. I'd never sell it because why? Wouldn't get much for it and it'll outlive me. I did learn that the 7 round magazines with the plastic followers are preferred as the metal McCormick style that gives it the 8 round capacity can chew up the aluminum frame a bit.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mas Ayoob's PD carried those for a number of years, he always raved about them in his articles.

Yep I remember that as well.

They are neat pistols if you can get them for cheap. They ergonomics aren't anything to brag about but they built like a tank and shoot surprisingly well.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice catch. I had one years ago and it shot amazingly. It has a Barsto barrel from the factory and it absorbs recoil better than any other 45 I have shot.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Awesome find. The Ruger P series are great guns. You were wise to get it at that price. I always love finding gems like that at my LGS. Congrats!

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My first love in handguns was the Ruger P series.... to this day I can't tell you how many P95s I bought. And I given a fews away as of late.

That P90 is a hoss for sure.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, at the risk of being labeled a heretic, I gotta ask. What’s so amazing about these guns? This is perhaps the third or four thread I’ve seen on a forum about the Ruger P-series in the past few weeks describing how people seem to absolutely love them. I don’t see the appeal. They’re ugly, heavy, they don’t feel like anything special in the hand the few times I’ve held one, and with a slew of other options out there that are just as accurate and reliable I don’t see why I’d want to spend my money on one unless I was super strapped for cash and it was the best option in my price bracket. Enlighten me.

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Basher42:
Alright, at the risk of being labeled a heretic, I gotta ask. What’s so amazing about these guns? This is perhaps the third or four thread I’ve seen on a forum about the Ruger P-series in the past few weeks describing how people seem to absolutely love them. I don’t see the appeal. They’re ugly, heavy, they don’t feel like anything special in the hand the few times I’ve held one, and with a slew of other options out there that are just as accurate and reliable I don’t see why I’d want to spend my money on one unless I was super strapped for cash and it was the best option in my price bracket. Enlighten me.

The P90 was originally engineered to be a 10mm, so it is very stout. It's reportedly the least broken rental gun at ranges. It reliably feeds everything. You can drop it in the campfire without melting it (...). It's surprisingly accurate. It doesn't require extractor tension tweaking, or careful lubrication, or expensive magazines. As the OP illustrates, it's half the price of other options, a great value. It doesn't have frills, won't win a beauty contest, doesn't have an aftermarket part base, but for a rock-solid worry-free working gun it's really hard to beat.

Posts: 246 | Registered: December 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Ruger built guns for the working man. His guns came with no frills,for the most part, but they work and work really well. Rugers are tanks and can take a lot more punishment then other manufacturers guns. They may not be the most aesthetically pleasing to some, but they are guns built to last and don't cost a fortune. I have a few Rugers and like them a lot. Have you shot a P90? I can guarantee it is the softest shooting 45 you can get.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 1st 45!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post