SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tell me about your FALx trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about your FALx trigger Login/Join 
posted
I've seen mention here that many of you use the Overwatch Precision Falx trigger in your Glock. Is it worth the $125? How does it improve trigger pull when it's on a OEM bar?

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have three- in my G42, G43 and Coldbore Custom G26. The G42 is my current pocket pistol. The shape of the trigger shoe is what attracted me to this trigger but it also has almost all of the pretravel taken out of the pull. As a result, the length of pull is shorter. This is less desireable in my G42 than my G26, because my hands swallow up the tiny Glock. This shorter length of pull is most welcome in my G26.
The pull has as I said almost no pretravel but the release is not what I would characterize as crisp. It's short but you can still feel the connector roll if you pull the trigger slowly.
The trigger face and broad safety lever make for a very comfortable trigger.
The trigger bar is NP3 plated, a nice touch, and I do get the impression from a lot of dry firing these pistols that it does make the pull slightly smoother.
The pretravel that does remain is much smoother during takeup than the stock Glock trigger.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Falx on my G43; it's got a curved face and curved radius from the face to the sides that fits almost any finger placement (pad, joint, etc).

Overwatch uses a Glock factory trigger bar, with the NP3 treatment. Wise to stick with the factory parts. The only difference is Overwatch's trigger shoe.

I put the Falx on my G43 because I wanted a smooth trigger, rather than a serrated one, and because the Falx trigger safety lays flush on the front of the trigger; it's more comfortable to shoot. The glock trigger safety sticks out unless it's shaved down, and if shaved down too much, may not fully engage. The Falx works perfectly, lays flat, feels better, is a bit shorter on the stroke, looks good, and functions very well. Plus you can pick your colors.

I stopped by Precision Overwatch and they put it in while there, along with a flat face trigger (Tac) on a G34 for me.

One thing I have noticed is that with a lot of shooting, the aluminum triggers get hot, fairly quickly. On the G34 when running a stage on a steel match in the summer, it's heated up uncomfortably, but also dissipates fairly quickly.

The polymer DAT might eliminate that.

Is the price of the trigger worth it? I don't know. Most of my Glocks stick with factory triggers, albeit factory smooth triggers.

If I were to get a G48, I'd replace the trigger with one of overwatches, probably the Falx.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In both of my Glocks I just bought a trigger shoe alone and polished my trigger bar and connector, it’s probably the most bang for your buck, since most after market trigger shoes are about 60 bucks, I have an apex in one and I don’t remember what’s in the other but they are both flat faced triggers with safeties that lay flat like the one you’re asking about.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post