SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dan Wesson's new website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Wesson's new website Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
Looks like Dan Wesson has some new photos of their pistols, including the DWX. Hopefully the latter will be released soon but I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably learn more at Shot Show in Jan regarding its market timing.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson is learning from SIG on how to not release a new firearm. Make the announcement, then a year or two later, it's still vaporware. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
No revolvers (?).

https://danwessonfirearms.com/

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Make the announcement, then a year or two later, it's still vaporware. Lol.

Given their operation in Norwich NY, where the Dan Wesson firearms are produced, was forcibly shut down by Asshat Cuomo for 6 months with a Covid excuse and once reopened only half of the employees returned as the others found new jobs, what would you expect?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yes, but that doesn't excuse their marketing personnel from not providing guidance as to product introduction timelines. Even with caveats, such communication is better than zilch.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ahhh the DWX. Awesome gun. I am planning on picking one up after I pick up my plasma pistol. Should be out and reviewed by then. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're advertising a DWX compact.

I think I need a defibrillator.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
When did the Heritage get front strap checkering? That's pretty sweet. Too bad the current MSRP is what a Valor used to cost...

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, the mythical DWX. I might have bought one had it existed. Instead I bought a Staccato.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
No revolvers (?).

Dan Wesson had discontinued their last revolver model (the 715) at the beginning of the year.

Even before it was discontinued, production had dwindled to only several dozen per year.

And now that CZ owns Colt too, I highly doubt they'll be bringing back Dan Wesson revolvers. Any future revolver production by CZ and its subsidiaries will likely be focused on just Colt revolvers, which have higher demand than Dan Wesson brand revolvers.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vigil Commander for me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No DWXs on CZ's LE program. I do see a few DWs on the list. I wonder if we can still order direct or do we need to find a dealer. I bought the P10C SRs through it when they first came out.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
No revolvers (?).

https://danwessonfirearms.com/

Mad

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Dan Wesson had discontinued their last revolver model (the 715) at the beginning of the year.

Even before it was discontinued, production had dwindled to only several dozen per year.

Damn, I hadn't paid attention to what was happening and had a couple more items I wanted to get for my older model DW suitcase kit. I kept putting the purchases off thinking that because CZ had them back in production it would stay that way and I could get them whenever.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They should consider adding a 1911 or two.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They should consider adding a 1911 or two.

I don't know. Are they any good at those????

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually really like the Heritage model. Simple but classy.

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was excited for the DWX, but have since lost interest.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Revolver barrels and shrouds

If you wanted barrels, you can still order them from CZ, you have to call. CZ has some stock of the older barrel shroud profiles

If it is for the more recent barrel shroud profile, you have to call DW directly in NY.

Let me know if you want the contact for DW in NYS. I’ll look up from my last order this summer.

Regards
Billy

quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Damn, I hadn't paid attention to what was happening and had a couple more items I wanted to get for my older model DW suitcase kit. I kept putting the purchases off thinking that because CZ had them back in production it would stay that way and I could get them whenever.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post