SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 cleaning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 cleaning Login/Join 
posted
I am new to the P320 and have only shot 150 rds so far. I usually field strip and clean my guns at 200-250 rds. Should the chassis also be removed and cleaned at the same time or can it go for longer periods before it is removed and cleaned? If longer, when should it be cleaned and what parts should be lubed?

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting question. Since most guns cannot have the "chassis" removed to be cleaned, I would think it would not be necessary.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just make sure the TDL is installed before you put the slide back on. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I take my slide off and remove the FCU every time I fire mine to clean it; but only because it's my carry gun and I want to ensure it's clean prior to loading it back up.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every few hundred rounds, or when convenient, I remove the slide, barrel, recoil spring/rod, and FCU. I give the slide and barrel a good wipe-down with Hoppe's #9, and swab the barrel with #9 as well. I use an aerosol gun cleaner on the FCU (not carb cleaner or brake-clean), and then use TW 25 aerosol to lubricate the FCU. I use TW 25 "tube" grease on the slide rails, and put a light coating on the OD of the barrel and on the upper part of the hood. I spray the recoil spring and guide rod assembly with TW 25 as well.

May be overkill, but keeps it running well for me. And, I now have about 1500 rounds on the Gray Guns trigger, it is really smooth.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post