SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Father's Day Present for me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father's Day Present for me Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted
Stopped by the LGS/range with my son to do some rifle practice. While chatting with one of the clerks after our range round, a SIG P365 X caught my eye. Now I had been contemplating getting one to replace my Kahr PM9, so I thought..."It's close to Father's Day (well, almost)..." so I bit and gave it a home. Very nicely balanced for me considering the magazine capacity difference.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3346 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Nice.
I was on the fence about getting one, then I held a P365 XL at a gun show and bought it.
It felt good in my hand.

I'd bet it is easier to shoot than the PM9.. Wink

Happy Father's Day..

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Happy Father's Day, and congrats on the new heater! IMO the P365X is the 'Best of Breed' in the P365 lineup, so you definitely made a good choice! I does have a minor shortcoming though and I would HIGHLY recommend the Armory Craft Extended Checkered Mag Release as an upgrade. I find the Mag Release on the P365 somewhat slick/lacking in purchase, and a little to flat to the Grip Module. The Armory Craft is only extended 2mm, but it's a night & day difference when compared to the SIG oem Mag Release. I consider it a mandatory upgrade the P365.

Grayguns also makes one, but I purchased the Armory Craft version before Grayguns even offered it. Grayguns does not indicate how much theirs is extended though and I don't have any experience with one either, so I don't have any info to share for comparison purposes. Regardless, both are contoured & checkered to provide better ergonomics and to assist in positive purchase on the Mag Release. Enjoy your new P365X! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9059 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I put the manual safety on mine and it's my favorite carry.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34216 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Now for the REAL Father's Day gift, ask for an optic. Wink

Posts: 6948 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I saw that as an option...how did you retrofit it? I got used that feature on my Kimber.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3346 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought plain jane P365 over 4 years ago, with no manual safety. It had become my EDC almost immediately, and has never gone bang in any of the holsters that I carry it in.

Posts: 13696 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I bought plain jane P365 over 4 years ago, with no manual safety. It had become my EDC almost immediately, and has never gone bang in any of the holsters that I carry it in.

I have a P365 with manual safety, but nearly all decently-designed holsters cover the trigger guard to prevent that type of accident.

Posts: 42 | Location: north-central Florida | Registered: February 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^There are even holsters specifically designed to cover 'just' the Trigger Guard. Wink

Detroit Holster has such an offering, which is particularly well designed, and useful to those that carry in a large pocket or a purse.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9059 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

My Kimber was the first pistol I had that had a manual safety--nearly all my other pistols are striker-fired, so I'm comfortable with that configuration.

My previous EDC was a Kahr PM9 or MK9, similar in size to the P365, but whoa, the P365's double the magazine capacity without (to me) a serious weight difference is great.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I saw that as an option...how did you retrofit it? I got used that feature on my Kimber.

I bought the kit and just cut the notch in the frame.

I do believe they have the notch jig or you can just get one off eBay.

https://osagecountyguns.com/fi...-conversion-kit.html

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34216 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup. Now go get some magguts springs for your mags and turn those 12rd mags into 14rd mags.

It's a flat spring that take up less room in the mag body.

I run them and they have been 100% reliable.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4544 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Magguts for the P365 is gtg, in my experience, as well.

Q

Posts: 26763 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Nice pickup. Now go get some magguts springs for your mags and turn those 12rd mags into 14rd mags.

It's a flat spring that take up less room in the mag body.

I run them and they have been 100% reliable.

Thanks for the info, Sigarms229 and 12131! I'll check those out.

Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying two P365's. One with a MS, one without. I added the MS to the second gun. I bought the jig to mark where the cutouts go. I removed most of the material with a small Dremmel grinder. Cleaned up the edges with a small flat file. I watched YT video on how to add the MS. It was all easy and quick.

Posts: 561 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lunasee:
I ended up buying two P365's. One with a MS, one without. I added the MS to the second gun. I bought the jig to mark where the cutouts go. I removed most of the material with a small Dremmel grinder. Cleaned up the edges with a small flat file. I watched YT video on how to add the MS. It was all easy and quick.

What did the jig cost and who sells it? I’ve been on the fence about having a manual safety on my a Tac Ops.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8192 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
What did the jig cost and who sells it? I’ve been on the fence about having a manual safety on my a Tac Ops.

https://osagecountyguns.com/fi...safety-grip-jig.html

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mars.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8192 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post