SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wish to Confirm Possible 'Conflicting' Mfg. Date on P.229R-DAK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wish to Confirm Possible 'Conflicting' Mfg. Date on P.229R-DAK Login/Join 
posted
Hi Guys, Well, I guess it's official, I apparently just got reinterested in my Sig Pistols. They've always been relatively close to my heart so to speak, but out of plain convenience I've been carrying my other CCW's recently. As I was rechecking the manufacture date of my P.229R-DAK .40 / Serial # AM29680, I found an inconsistency with my previously assumed production date I had obtained. After checking here on one of the 'Sticky's', it looked like mine was manufactured around May 2005 +/-, yet I'm almost certain that I had sometime during 2008 as the date ? Unfortunately, as appears to be par for the course for me, many of my Weapons Notebooks are currently in storage due to my basement getting wet recently. Soooooooo, if anyone here happens to have an idea as to when they believe my ex areas manufactured, I would deeply appreciate hearing from them !! THANKS Guys,

Best, Dom P. / 'dpast32'

Posts: 156 | Location: New England Region, of USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
AM 29680 is definitely not 2008, but is more in line with 2005 production.

The "AM" prefix ran from 5 digits to 6 digits. Your 5-digit serial number falls close to 2005. The 6-digit numbers start somewhere at the end of 2007/beginning of 2008.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpast32:
As I was rechecking the manufacture date of my P.229R-DAK .40 / Serial # AM29680, I found an inconsistency with my previously assumed production date I had obtained. After checking here on one of the 'Sticky's', it looked like mine was manufactured around May 2005 +/-, yet I'm almost certain that I had sometime during 2008 as the date ?

Maybe I'm the one mis-reading the S/N sticky list, but as I read it, the S/N you listed puts it within the 2008 mfr. timeframe.

Also, if your P229R truly is a railed frame, than that jives with the 2008 mfr. There were most definitely P229 offered in DAK in 2005 (SAS DAK . 40 S&W), because I owned one of the limited release versions in . 357 SIG, but those SAS DAKs all had no accessory railed frames.

The transition to railed frames took place over a couple manufacturing years, and was mostly completed by 2008, with a few limited release exceptions...

... so, barring some new info, I'd stick with 2008 as being the most likely mfr. date for your P229.

Edited: well, that's what I get for not keeping up with the S/N list. All these years I've never seen or read of an AM prefix 5 digit P229 with a railed frame, but apparently a couple members have included them in the list. I'm seeing a few oddities on that list that I'm at a loss to explain, unless some were perhaps German mfr. and some members just didn't note that in the descriptions.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Folks, Here's an addendum of sorts which I just found on a hunch after Posting my above query. Although my Sig Notebook isn't currently available, I did have a print out page from when I contacted Sig-Arms years ago to confirm all my P Series Pistols. The following Manufacture Dates are all correct, confirmed either via their under slide date codes, or per Sig's Customer Service. ( I include all this data in the event should someone wish to add them to the 'List' if that's still being done ? )

P.220, .45 ACP # G191001 - KC = 1992
P.228, 9MM, # B146870 - KB = 1992
P.226R-DAK, .40 S&W = JANUARY 2005
P.229R-DAK, .40 S&W = FEBRUARY 2005

Hopefully, the above may prove useful to someone here.

Best, Dom P.

Posts: 156 | Location: New England Region, of USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpast32:
OK Folks, Here's an addendum of sorts which I just found on a hunch after Posting my above query. Although my Sig Notebook isn't currently available, I did have a print out page from when I contacted Sig-Arms years ago to confirm all my P Series Pistols. The following Manufacture Dates are all correct, confirmed either via their under slide date codes, or per Sig's Customer Service. ( I include all this data in the event should someone wish to add them to the 'List' if that's still being done ? )

P.220, .45 ACP # G191001 - KC = 1992
P.228, 9MM, # B146870 - KB = 1991
P.226R-DAK, .40 S&W # UU620655 = JANUARY 2005
P.229R-DAK, .40 S&W # AM29680 = FEBRUARY 2005

Hopefully, the above may prove useful to someone here.

Best, Dom P.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpast32,

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Just pointing out a 'Conflicting' Mfg. Date on your list...That 'KB' Proof Code on your P228 indicates it was 'proofed' as a complete pistol in 1991, NOT 1992 as indicated.

Regarding 'The List', if you wist your Pistols to be added, just post 'your list' in the SN List thread and they'll get added at some point by Udo. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooops, Sorry for that bit of mistyping, that was indeed my error. No it was definitely 1991 on the 228. Sometimes my typing decides on its own what I mean ! THANKS for pointing that out.

Best, Dom P.