SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did I get a defective locking block?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I get a defective locking block? Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
I'm putting together a P226 from a Matrix Precision/Revenant arms kit, but Matrix did not have any locking blocks in stock so I ordered one off of ebay.

My slide came in today, and when I tried to put the gun together, the recoil spring guide rod was protruding out the front of the slide.

I got to looking at things, and it appears that the locking block I received is lacking the radiused opening for the guide rod and recoil spring.

I have never had a P226 before, so I didn't catch this until I tried to put the slide on. Every other P22X sig I own has a circular milled opening in the locking block for the guide rod (Like my P229 in the photo below):

Am I crazy, or did the ebay guy sell me a counterfeit or defective locking block? Does anybody have a P226 they could check real quick and confirm that the radiused cut is supposed to be there before I contact the seller and try to get this resolved?

Here's the ad that I purchased from...it came as pictured, with the opened Sig packaging stub included.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386749326658

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You got screwed, it appears.

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I just pulled apart a P226, P228, and P229. All of them have the rounded relief cuts.

Maybe the one you got is fr a P225 or something.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ P225 is same as others.

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ P225 is same as others.

Yep. As is my P6.

Now to take a deep breath and try to compose a rational email to this guy instead of ripping his head off.

It's been a crappy, crappy day. My alarm didn't go off this morning (even though it was set...stupid android) and I woke up 3 minutes before I had to leave for work. Then some asshole tried to set a house on fire and I was in there for over an hour playing peekaboo with a bunch of roaches and soaking up all the stink from the smoke and dirty house. Had to disinfect my car, too. Then I came home and everybody was gone and had left me to finish the dishes and make my own dinner.

My son had texted me that the slide I bought from cyberphobia came in today (which was a great transaction, by the way!), so I was really excited to finish putting this thing together when I got home. And then this happens.

FML.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You don't know if he did really screw you, or the Israelis did, by not completing the machining job. So yeah, there is no reason to "rip his head off". Smile

Q

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A vendor should have knowledge of the things they are selling. Go gentle until you get either a refund or a correct part and then leave clear, concise, negative feedback for the vendor.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I sent a calm and rational email describing the problem, with photos. The fact that I had a bad day wasn't his fault. It's entirely possible he didn't know...i didn't catch it, either, until I tried to put the slide on.

Guess we'll see how he responds. The ball's in his court.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's the way to start out, but don't be so fair-minded that you allow yourself to get screwed when all is said and done. It might be a mistake, it might be incompetence, or he may turn out to be a thieving reptile. He needs to know what he's selling.

This guy has feedback? What's it say?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
99.8% positive, with 266,000 sales. So not a small timer. Hopefully they're responsive.

Thank you guys for taking the time to check your locking blocks for me and post back here. I really appreciate it!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Seller responded and directed me to follow the Ebay returns process. I already have a shipping label, so it's going back. Pretty seamless so far.

I ordered a new one...through Midway this time. Brownell's didn't have it, and I had a few other things I needed anyway, so I got free shipping.

posted Hide Post
If Midway does not work out for some reason...

I have purcahsed from that seller on both Ebay and GB. Very responsive to emails and so far I have never experienced a problem like you have. Use the Ebay message system and send a pic of what it should be and mabey a new one (correct part) can be shipped?

Good luck!

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:
If Midway does not work out for some reason...

I have purcahsed from that seller on both Ebay and GB. Very responsive to emails and so far I have never experienced a problem like you have. Use the Ebay message system and send a pic of what it should be and mabey a new one (correct part) can be shipped?

Good luck!

The one I bought showed as the last one he had in stock. So far the returns process is going smoothly, so that works for me. The Midway part was about the same price.

posted Hide Post
Looks like Numrich has them in stock too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Looks like Numrich has them in stock too.

Yep, they're available quite a few places, thankfully. Midway just worked out this time because I had to buy some ammo for our upcoming AK trip and needed a few other odds and ends, so I was able to get it all in one place with free shipping. It's already shipped... hopefully they remembered to mill the cut for the guide rod in this one!

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
<snip>
Matrix did not have any locking blocks in stock
<snip>

That seems strange to me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
<snip>
Matrix did not have any locking blocks in stock
<snip>

That seems strange to me.

They still don't:

https://www.matrixprecisionpar...ing-insert-machined/

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like it wasn't finished, and yeah he's got close to 300K transactions with 98% OK so odds are they will be fair.

Interesting enough he has another auction for the same part, the OEM bag isn't opened on it https://www.ebay.com/p/18060263220?iid=266246947967 surprised they didn't offer to replace it with the other.

Google shows the P/N is correct even the bar code, wonder if one got through machining and wasn't finished properly, and got past QC.

Also

When I brought it up another locking block was suggested for the 226, looks lightly used for $50 and it has the relief areas needed.

We all learned something today..

Link

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post