SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I hit the big “50” yesterday and was given a great gift from my entire family.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hit the big “50” yesterday and was given a great gift from my entire family. Login/Join 
posted
First I have to say I have the greatest family on the planet. My wife had a chef from Ruth Chris cater and cook for the surprise party. My mother, father, brothers and long time friends were there. She even had everyone follow Covid protocol since I officially became a Senior in my BSN program on my birthday and she does not want anything to screw up my final year in school. What a great woman.

At the end of the great meal came a few gifts, but none as special the Gen 5 G19 customized especially for me. My brother and I both retired from the Navy on the same day and he headed up the customization on the gun. It has my rank of Senior Chief Petty Officer on the left grip, the “DON’T TREAD ON ME” flag on the right grip, the Caduceus medical symbol on the top of the slide, from my time with USMC as their corpsman and nursing school, 50 years on the left side of the slide, and my DOB on the end plate. The laser engraving and slide cuts are beautiful. The double undercut of the frame makes the gun point naturally for me as I tend to point high with Glocks and the weighted base plates makes the gun feel a little more balanced. I was floored and all the crazy questions asked of me over the past few months finally made sense Big Grin. My brother is a great guy and told me last night he has had the gun for the past few weeks and it was hard not to tell me about the secret. Smile.

Enjoy the pics. It is almost to pretty to shoot. Big Grin

I forgot to add the kids also gave me a Holosun 507c x2.......what a great family.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Happy birthday. Good luck with your BSN.

Great family you have there.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Nice! Happy 50th!!!

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Very nice work. Did they laser the images into the polymer? Is it “flat” or textured/cut deeper into the polymer.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I'm not usually a fan of "Gucci" Glocks, or most custom stippling, but that frame's laser engraving is gorgeous.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Dayyyum!

Congrats on the five oh!

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Happy 50th birthday. Nice looking Glock 19, enjoy it.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! What a great gift.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Raised’em up right & pays to marry well Wink

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am genuinely weeping (w/joy) for you at that AWESOME gesture from your family! Happy 50, Bro.
The solicitations from AARP will be in your mailbox soon.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wow, a gun for your Bday. I remember way back when I bought one for myself on that day. I often remind them that no one in my family gave a shit to give me one that day. So I did the male thing and bought one for my self. Wife even commented they weren't going to. So I took and extended lunch hour and bought my self a gun. Not like I needed one or anything, it was worse, I wanted one.

Worked over in evil Ohio, where I couldn't buy one, so I opted for a long gun. It wasn't the gun that was so expensive, it was the scope. I bought a LPS to bolt down on top. Yeah, that was 23 years ago, and they don't even make it anymore. Except its a great scope, I'd have gotten similar service from a Japanese cheapie.

Anyone even remember the LPS?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Cool looking gun! Was hoping it was a Barrett, but that's cool too!

Happy birthday!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Smile

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and thanks for your service. I turned 50 last month and got a cake

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sweet and happy birthday!

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to you, VERY NICE gifts!

The Glock was done really nice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

Nice pistol, who did the work?

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
That's probably one of the nicest custom Glock jobs I've seen. It looks fantastic.

Congratulations on the birthday milestone. It sounds like you do indeed have a great family. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! What a great gift!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Doc! Or should I say Senior? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Damn, Ruth's Chris chef cooking for you at your home, a highly customized commemorative Glock, and nearing your Nursing bachelors degree. Not bad my man, not bad!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post