SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mods - please delete.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mods - please delete. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've not had a problem with any of the FCUs for my P320s or P365s.

BUT

a few years ago I did disassemble a customer's P320 and take out its FCU to move over to a new grip module and a pin DID fall out of that one. At the time I presumed that the customer must've tried to take it out himself and somehow caused the pin to relieve itself from the rest of the FCU. Admittedly I sorta manhandled the FCU to get it out; kinda didn't want to come out of its original grip module so in hindsight I probably caused the pin to dislodge though I didn't think that at the time.

I futzed around with the FCU and got the pin back in...so ultimately, problem solved. It wasn't until much later that a coworker told me that the customer NEVER works on his own guns; even for a simple connector swap on a Glock, he'll bring it by and have one of the guys put it in for him.

So thanks to this thread and that aforementioned hindsight I think I understand that 'stuff' sometimes happens when it comes to the SIG FCUs. Good lesson.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The people I issue P320s to must sign a statement acknowledging that they are prohibited from disassembling the pistol more than field stripping it, and if they do they are responsible for damage or lost parts.

(I do however, tell them that if they come home one day and find that the cat has taken the gun apart, they get a free ride for me to fix things. As long as they promise to keep the gun out of the cat’s reach in the future.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:

The 320 is a great gun, but if you fck with it, do so at your own peril because it’s not quite as plug and play as Sig might suggest.

PB

I have owned a couple of P320. My P320 Compact has always been reliable and accurate. With that said, I am not a fan of all the small parts others have pointed out. Someone recently posted a video showing several pistols being dropped in mud. I know any of those pistols can fail at some point. YouTube tests like these don't mean much. My biggest concern is how quickly I can get it running again if sand or grit is deep inside the action. It's just one of those small reasons I keep going back to Glocks. Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:

The 320 is a great gun, but if you fck with it, do so at your own peril because it’s not quite as plug and play as Sig might suggest.

PB

I have owned a couple of P320. My P320 Compact has always been reliable and accurate. With that said, I am not a fan of all the small parts others have pointed out. Someone recently posted a video showing several pistols being dropped in mud. I know any of those pistols can fail at some point. YouTube tests like these don't mean much. My biggest concern is how quickly I can get it running again if sand or grit is deep inside the action. It's just one of those small reasons I keep going back to Glocks. Smile

Honestly, this is one of my favorite features of the P320/P250. It's incredibly easy to gain access to all of the little important bits on the inside to clean and clear them of gunk. Pop the FCU out and shake it out, or if you're back home hit it with carb cleaner (or gunscrubber for all the by-the-book folks out there...but carb cleaner is way cheaper), blast it off with compressed air, re-lube, wipe out the grip module and you're good to go. You've just gotta use a little common sense and sound technique so you're not losing parts while you do it.

I've dunked mine (along with myself) in swamps and rivers more than once, and I've always appreciated the ease with which one can detail clean these guns. Do the same to a Beretta or Classic P-Series, or even a Glock, and you're going to need some tools and a significant amount of time to get all the internal nooks and crannies clean and dry. I actually have a P250 that I use as a woods gun for exactly this reason.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
We will just have to disagree on this one but that's ok.
I'm still a fan of the P320. I just prefer the simplicity of Glocks.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post