SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320 - grip frame slotted for safety
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320 - grip frame slotted for safety Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
Yay for me because these are a bit scarce in MA. The only bummer is the 10 round mags. Otherwise I like it a lot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder,

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
New case style, eh?

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
That's the first one with a safety I've seen here. Congrats, love mine.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
That's the first one with a safety I've seen here. Congrats, love mine.

I'm a trendsetter, a trailblazer I tell ya.

Yeah, I think this will replace the Glock for carry, even though I have hi-caps for the Glock. But, range sessions first.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
Congrats from another member of the Republik!

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Yay for me because these are a bit scarce in MA. The only bummer is the 10 round mags. Otherwise I like it a lot.

Outstanding! I really like my MS P320. I have been looking for another since I purchased one a few months ago. Grip modules are not hard to modify to accommodate the safety on the FCU. I keep mine in a Maxpedition pistol case (1) full size with RMR (2) Tacops threaded Compact/Carry and (3) subcompact with Trigicon Has for carry.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If only suppressors were legal here..

Arc.

posted Hide Post
Congrats. After owning everything under the sun I think the 320 is my Excalibur.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Arc.

Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Viking:
Congrats. After owning everything under the sun I think the 320 is my Excalibur.

+1

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littlepoison
posted Hide Post
I've also been looking for the manual safety one; how did you find this one?

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's my custom to find a gun shop I like, and always shop there. I just happened to stop by and ask if the 320 was even available in MA yet, as new guns don't always make "the list" here.

This one was in the back still, he hadn't put it out yet. Apparently they're gone as soon as they go behind glass.

Bird in hand, as they say.

Arc.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we got 10 in on Tuesday, i bet they will be long gone when I go to work today.

Personally, I tried, but did not like.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I tell ya what: Next to my P239 SAS, I think my P320 FS 45 is my favourite pistol. And, to be completely honest, the only reason the P239 SAS wins is because my wife gave it to me Smile

I'll probably be selling my 2nd Gen. G22, which will leave me with a single .40 S&W pistol. I'd like to get a .40 S&W X-Change kit for the P320, but the things are expensive Frown I dunno... maybe what I get from the G22 will cover it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Nice score Arc. I just got off the phone with Sig as I had heard a little while back that they would modify a current non-manual safety fcu to a manual safety model. Apparently I was misinformed. According to CS agent they are a completely sifferent unit. Bummer.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
I just got off the phone with Sig as I had heard a little while back that they would modify a current non-manual safety fcu to a manual safety model. Apparently I was misinformed. According to CS agent they are a completely sifferent unit.

But you can modify the non-safety grip modules to accommodate the safety.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Arc,
The 320 with the safety interests me. When I shoot 1911's, or Hi Powers, I keep my thumb on top of the safety while shooting.

If one shoots the 320 with a safety, do you think there will be an issue with the thumb preventing the slide lock from engaging properly when the mag is empty?

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Don't shoot it it's a trap, gateway gun trust me,
I'm getting a second one.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highlander81:
When I shoot 1911's, or Hi Powers, I keep my thumb on top of the safety while shooting.

If one shoots the 320 with a safety, do you think there will be an issue with the thumb preventing the slide lock from engaging properly when the mag is empty?

Do you mean the thumb of your support hand? I had to grab a 1911 to try to understand how you hold it. I still don't, but I don't think it will be an issue if it's not with a 1911. The safety is in a good place for me.

Arc.

Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
For you guys looking for one in 9mm flavor, there's one over arf.com right now. IDK the guy, but you can check it out for yourselves. I need .45 ACP as Im in NY, and have to deal with BS mag limits.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder,

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post