SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 LDC II (German) - What is this unusual symbol on the barrel? Photos in thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 LDC II (German) - What is this unusual symbol on the barrel? Photos in thread Login/Join 
posted
Saw this on a used P226 LDC II stainless pistol and have never seen this “deer antler” type symbol. Anyone know what this represents?

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Stag Horn proof mark. Used for the Ulm proof house I believe. It indicates that it was proofed there.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Cslinger for this detail. Learned something new today. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. See it a lot on HKs. Btw, that's surprising to see on a SIG, since the Kiel proofing on SIGs are done in house.

Q

Posts: 26407 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok guys - Please educate me a little more on this topic.

When this “proof mark” or any other identified proof mark is on a handgun does this mean that the barrel or the entire gun is sent to a specific facility where the entire gun or barrel goes through a complete re-inspection against an identified specification?

Does SIG or HK send every pistol they make to be proof checked or only random samples from a lot?

Thanks Mark

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Every single gun that is assembled in a CIP country has to be proofed, by law. No such thing as random batch testing. Once passed the proof testing, the complete gun's major parts (frame, slide, barrel) are then received the proof marks.

Old and current proof marks can be found on CIP home page:

Old proof marks

Current proof marks

ETA: Too bad CIP has nuked their old proof mark pages for individual CIP country. But, check the link below for the old proof marks.

https://pdf4pro.com/view/proof...a-museum-3a2e22.html

Q

Posts: 26407 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q for this extra detail. I did not realize this was a requirement. Thanks again for this educational session. Greatly appreciate you and this forum’s members.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
While proof marking doesn’t necessarily mean a better firearm many of us sort of “geek out” on them so to speak. I like my firearms with various proof marks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Antler is the proof mark for the Ulm house.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post