SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MagGuts Magazine Spring Kits: Anyone Here Use Them?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MagGuts Magazine Spring Kits: Anyone Here Use Them? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Has anyone ever heard of MagGuts? They supposedly allow you to fit 1 extra round in single stack magazines for guns like Kahrs, by using a proprietary spring and follower?

I’d be curious to see if anyone here used them, and if they actually worked?

https://magguts.com

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried them once in my M&P Shield mags. When the metal follower and spring (theirs) popped out of the top of the empty mag, the experiment abruptly ended. No way would I use that in a carry gun. Put the original spring and follower back in the mag and that was that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, I'm a complete stranger. What the hell does it matter what I think? (TM)

Posts: 191 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Has anyone ever heard of MagGuts? They supposedly allow you to fit 1 extra round in single stack magazines for guns like Kahrs, by using a proprietary spring and follower?

I’d be curious to see if anyone here used them, and if they actually worked?

https://magguts.com

I have used them very successfully in my Shield, G42, G43 and LCP magazines. Many rounds and not one failure.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used them in my Kahrs and they worked great! The person I sold them to says they're still working.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I use them in both the G42 and G43. No issues at all.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the +2 in my Shield. I've run 1000+ rds (FMJ,JHP) without any issues. I will say they can be a pain in the arse to install, but when installed correctly no issues. I use them in my EDC with confidence.

Posts: 27 | Location: Fluid | Registered: January 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a kit in my Shield M.2 9mm. It lasted about 3 trip to the range. The Zebra spring and follower stuck in the mag tube 3 times and I dumped it. Back to OEM mags only.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Has worked awesome in my Kahr CW380. No complaints at all. Adds a round without extending magazine baseplate size, locks back the slide on empty, and no loss in reliability.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Experimented with them and the G42. Had some issues and went back to stock mags.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have used their +2 kits for the 9mm Shield.

They have worked flawlessly so far! Absolutely no hiccups!

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post