SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 and why I am flipping it!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 and why I am flipping it! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
I know we’re griping about sig here but:
My daughter recently purchased a Glock 19 gen4
While her and I were at the range I put a mag to reload and the gun racked itself. I have since read that they do that,and all the excuses as if they made it to do that ie: Le likes they do that.

It's not physically possible for a Glock or any other pistol to "rack" itself.

Most likely you're attempting to say that the magazine was inserted an the slide dropped, chambering a round. Most likely if that happened (which is not "racking" the slide) it was operator error, and no, Glocks don't do that on their own. Occasionally one may come off the slide lock and into battery when jarred, but usually because either the slide stop lever was worn or because the side stop release lever wasn't fully engaged. It's not normal.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel compelled to jump in.

I got interested in the 365 after seeing it at the shot show.

Finally got to rent one at the local range. Really enjoyed it.

Hunted one down. Overpaid for it. June 20th birthdate.

Currently it has 500 rounds of shitty reloads and 100 rounds of gold dot g2.

To put it mildly. Gun is great.

I am laser accurate at 7/10 yards. I know people say that but I shoot it better then my p320 full-size.

The trigger is great and I ordered a Sparks vm2 for it.

I have had all types of malfunctions with firearms. It’s a machine, machines break.

Currently. I like it much better then my shield.

I will report back but so far, it’s a big favorite.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
While her and I were at the range I put a mag to reload and the gun racked itself. I have since read that they do that,and all the excuses as if they made it to do that ie: Le likes they do that.

Most likely you're attempting to say that the magazine was inserted an the slide dropped, chambering a round. Most likely if that happened (which is not "racking" the slide) it was operator error, and no, Glocks don't do that on their own. Occasionally one may come off the slide lock and into battery when jarred, but usually because either the slide stop lever was worn or because the side stop release lever wasn't fully engaged. It's not normal.

You can auto-forward the slide on a new Glock, just push forward as you push up to seat the mag. Did it plenty with my Gen 4 19 when I first got it. I think it comes down to technique more than worn parts. I can choose to try to go for an auto-forward or simply seat a mag with my various Glocks. Takes just a little time and practice.

It’s a incidental feature, not a bug. Wink

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

You can auto-forward the slide on a new Glock, just push forward as you push up to seat the mag. Did it plenty with my Gen 4 19 when I first got it. I think it comes down to technique more than worn parts. I can choose to try to go for an auto-forward or simply seat a mag with my various Glocks. Takes just a little time and practice.

It’s a incidental feature, not a bug. Wink

I don’t know if it’s normal or not. I’ve owned 5 Glock handguns and never had it happen on any of them. I did have the slide on my HK USPc release while seating a mag once. As I’ve never inserted a loaded mag into an empty gun without the intention of chambering a round anyway it never concerned me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
All of my Glocks will drop the slide from time to time when inserting a mag. I’ve owned other guns that do it too.

It’s one of the reasons I like the M&P 2.0. Their slide release is specifically designed to not do that.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Owned a lot of pistols in my time - SIG, HK, Ruger, S&W, Glock, etc. None of them have ever auto forwarded upon magazine insertion. Obviously there is something mechanically different about the ones that do - be it tolerance stacking, weak spring, something.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
As I’ve never inserted a loaded mag into an empty gun without the intention of chambering a round anyway it never concerned me.

That’s pretty much how I feel about it. Seems like a bit of an odd thing for someone to have an issue with, but we all want what we want.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Owned a lot of pistols in my time - SIG, HK, Ruger, S&W, Glock, etc. None of them have ever auto forwarded upon magazine insertion. Obviously there is something mechanically different about the ones that do - be it tolerance stacking, weak spring, something.

Maybe you’re just doing it right. Or wrong. Or something. Razz

Edit- Here's what JlJones has to say about it:

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
How much do you want for it ? I paid 487 for my last one brand new out the door, your going to need to ship it to my ffl plus transfer fees make the price right and I will buy it off of you.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
How much do you want for it ? I paid 487 for my last one brand new out the door, your going to need to ship it to my ffl plus transfer fees make the price right and I will buy it off of you.

Didn't you see that he is consigning it for 550.00 so he can get all his money back. If he is lucky he will find someone willing to pay higher than full retail for a used gun. So I highly doubt he will take you up on it. Second point..this isn't classified's so maybe email him instead of posting offers in the thread.

Chaz...its fine by me if you don't like the 365. Not sure why you feel the need to share it in a separate thread. Your just not very likable lol

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
no I didnt see that, and I would just buy new for that price.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Be serious guys, he’ll have little trouble moving it for what he wants, much to everyone’s chagrin at our capitalistic way of doing business. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Owned a lot of pistols in my time - SIG, HK, Ruger, S&W, Glock, etc. None of them have ever auto forwarded upon magazine insertion.

I think it has more to do with technique/force of the mag insertion. As I have owned a ton of pistols as well, including the above and have seen it happen on all.

In my case I have found it is much more likely to auto forward with a forceful insert while holding the handgun at an angle vs holding the handgun straight 90 degrees up and down.

I have never had it fail to pick up a round but I don’t rely on it happening.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If you're shooting to slide lock you're doing it wrong anyway. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
LOL, no, I took it to my LGS and it's up on consignment for $550, should get my price with the scarcity.

I love mine but it doesn't pinch my fingers. I wouldn't keep a gun that I couldn't shoot comfortably, either. Hope you have good luck moving yours.

RE: the consignment. I should note that I bought mine a few weeks ago, new, at my local gun range for their posted price of $499. I don't know if Sig has changed the list price but there was no mention at the time of that being a sale or promotional price. They had good inventory as well. I don't know how long the scarcity will last, but hope you're able to move yours quickly.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
It is quit simple. The force of the mag going in is flexing the polymer frame enough to allow the slide catch to come free. Most of the responses I see are the same bs that I’ve read elsewhere. I was hoping for more then that from this group. My favorite is what do you care you were trying to load a round anyway...boooo. My second favorite was a mis use of the term racking...boohoo mr Jones video was political correctness at its finest even giving it a name. You all can give it any name you want...Lol. The polymer frames flex with to much force allowing the slide catch to release..

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is quit simple. The force of the mag going in is flexing the polymer frame enough to allow the slide catch to come free. Most of the responses I see are the same bs that I’ve read elsewhere. I was hoping for more then that from this group. My favorite is what do you care you were trying to load a round anyway...boooo. My second favorite was a mis use of the term racking...boohoo mr Jones video was political correctness at its finest even giving it a name. You all can give it any name you want...Lol. The polymer frames flex with to much force allowing the slide catch to release..

Um...

Who are you, again? You saw he was doing it with a P229 in that video, right? You know what a P229 is, don't you?

posted Hide Post
It occurs with metal framed pistols as well, and isn't the frame flexing. Moreover, the slide release and slide are metal to metal contact, as is the trigger pin and slide release. The spring arrangement differs for the compression or tension on the slide release, between different pistols, as does the wear on the release assembly itself. If the slide release is used for dropping the slide regularly, it tends to become worn and more likely to let the slide drop on magazine insertion.

It's not normal for a G19 to drop the slide when simply inserting a magazine.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not when simply, no, but IME, when forcefully, yes.

posted Hide Post
Any pistol may, when the magazine is forcefully rammed home, but the G19 doesn't do it more than any other. None of mine do. It's just another pistol, doesn't do it any more or less.

When I'm moving and inserting a magazine, I don't "slingshot" the G19, but use the slide stop release. It's a Vickers, easy to tap with the thumb, so the slide does drop quickly after insertion, but it's me positively dropping the slide. It isn't occurring on its own.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
To be fair, I wasn't saying necessarily that it happens more with a G19 than anything else, just that I can get my various Glocks (17 and 19's) to do it.

I just unholstered my gen 4, made it clear and tried it twenty times. I was able to get it to auto forward six times. I thought I could get it more consistant than that, but I've also got a magwell on it, so that could be a part of it. Vickers slide stop here also. My Gen 2, I can do it fairly reliably with, but it's all factory.

*Edit- Seems to depend on firmly I grip it. I was able to get it to auto forward five times in a row with a loose grip. With a firm grip, nothing doing. That seems to reinforce the notion for me that it's the user and what they're doing and maybe not necessarily the gun. Just like so many other posters have chimed in on this thread about natural pointing and shooting left or right.