SIGforum
Trigger Snob

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2390045364

November 24, 2019, 04:41 PM
Gambit
Trigger Snob
Other than the fit to my hand and a natural point, trigger action is something that I really appreciate or hate. Not much middle ground for this old man.
My P6 nails it as far as single action pulls.
My Wheeler gauge puts it at a little over four pounds, but you wouldn't know it.
After the take up it hits a wall. No creep. Breaks like glass with no perceptible over-travel.
Better than the stock triggers on any stock SIG I own.
Is that the same with your P6's?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gambit,

November 24, 2019, 05:51 PM
1KPerDay
Not a P6 but my 225 has the same quality trigger as most of my P series, that is, not superb. My P226 has a great trigger but it also has about 20K rounds and thousands of dry fires. My old P220 has a pretty nasty DA and a passable SA.

It’s the only one I’ve considered sending for trigger work.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
November 24, 2019, 06:08 PM
Dakor
My German P225 has a custom trigger job - a combination high torque and QTR trigger. It’s one of the best triggers among the firearms I own and I own several high end guns. Jerry Ritacco did the work. It will never be sold and puts to shame the P225-A1 model. So much for SIG and others saying that the new model’s introduction was necessary to make up for the biggest flaw with the P225/P6, namely the trigger. Instead all that was really necessary was a slight re-engineering of the original trigger mechanism.
November 24, 2019, 06:56 PM
YooperSigs
Its my understanding the P6 triggers were made intentionally heavy to keep Euro cops from shooting themselves. Or other people, possibly. My commercial P225 has a great trigger in both DA and SA and has had no work done on it. I have an older Suisse Montage P225 that has a good trigger too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
November 24, 2019, 09:32 PM
Luis
I used to have a P225 and I remember the trigger being horrible. DA was heavy and slightly gritty. SA would grind back a little before breaking.

It was nothing like an old P226 I had. I was surprised when I tried the trigger on my new to me red box P229 I just picked up. It has that light and bouncy strike that reminded me of the old P226. Its trigger characteristics are why I bought it in such a hurry.
November 24, 2019, 10:12 PM
CQB60
I have a P239 in 357 Sig whose SA breaks at 4.25lbs & PX4 Compact carry about the same. Both are sincerely accurate shooters. Amazing what a difference a 1/4 lb makes. Nothing snooty bout appreciating a fine trigger action.

November 25, 2019, 09:06 AM
ridewv
Both my P226 (Navy), P245, and P239 have nice, smooth triggers in DA, and light probably around 4-5# like yours in SA.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.