SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M18 Project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
M18 Project Login/Join 
Member
posted
I was able to score a M18 slide, a Wilson Combat grip in FDE for a real cheap price ($30 each). Since the missus liked my M17 so much, I thought of building a M18 for her.

I have a couple of questions, however.

1) I do see individual FCU's being sold. I don't see any with a safety though. Does Sig or any vendor offer them?

2) The WC grip didn't have a magazine release. Does the factory fit, or do I need a Wilson Combat?

3) I still need a barrel for it. Are M18 barrels available individually?

Thanks in advance.
 
Posts: 487 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The factory magazine catch works with Wilson Combat grip modules.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49970 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DeputyCG:
I was able to score a M18 slide, a Wilson Combat grip in FDE for a real cheap price ($30 each). Since the missus liked my M17 so much, I thought of building a M18 for her.

I have a couple of questions, however.

1) I do see individual FCU's being sold. I don't see any with a safety though. Does Sig or any vendor offer them?

2) The WC grip didn't have a magazine release. Does the factory fit, or do I need a Wilson Combat?

3) I still need a barrel for it. Are M18 barrels available individually?


Thanks in advance.

There are usually 2 or 3 manual safety FCU’s on Gunbroker at any given time.
Another option is to mill a non-safety FCU and toss the factory safety kit in it. The milling kit runs about $50.
Also, you can mail Sig an FCU and they can mill and add the thumb safety kit. I believe they charge $250 for that service.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M18 Project

© SIGforum 2026