SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 X Macro owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 X Macro owners Login/Join 
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted
I decided to change my CW and decided on the 365 macro, because of the capacity, weight and optic ready. My eye sight is diminishing and is getting harder to see the sights to align them. So after watching countless videos I ordered one and a holosum 507K GRX2.Yesterday I started watching more videos and came across 2 videos showing Macros with rusty slides, sights and magazines. They claim that only the macro have these problems. I live in a very humid state and the macro will be my CCW. Have any here experience this with their macros? and if yes, did Sig took care of the problem under warranty?. Maybe a bad coating batch?

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Macro. I bought a couple extra Macro mags. The finish on slide and sights appears identical to my other 365’s. Mags have been fine too. There is a lot and I mean a lot of internet hate directed at this Sig model without cause. I don’t exactly know why. Early striker issues that Sig shouldn’t have foisted on the buyers but they fixed it early and there haven’t been any credible complaints since that early misstep. I would use your gun as desired and see for yourself. I highly suspect you will have zero issues. If you did, Sig is pretty decent at fixing things. Do your part. Keep the gun wiped down and lubed on a regular basis which you probably do anyway in your stated environment.

Posts: 7515 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Well it's dry here, but I sweat all over my P365X Macro and P365 while hiking, running etc.

After such outings, I take them out of the holster, wipe them down with a dry rag and re-holster. I don't bother removing the mag or oil them and I've not had any issues with the gun or mags.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'm in Florida also and never had a problem before. I will keep an eye it the first couple months and see what happens. Anyway I will shoot at least 1k rounds before I carry it.

"What I would die for?

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I think you will enjoy your Macro. I haven't noticed any rust on mine, that being said I live in Hampton Roads Virginia and it's not at humid as FLA.

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t say. I haven’t carried mine enough to sweat on it. I rusted my Shield mag catch shut once. My sweet is definitely capable of having that effect.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1744 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
No issue with my Macro or any of my other P365s. I have however seen rusty sights on a P365 Tutone that a friend of mine purchased used. I actually removed the sights, cleaned them and the dovetails up for him (rust only on the sights) and reinstalled the sights. 6 months later no issues of rust on his pistol.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I can't wait to received and shoot it.

"What I would die for?

posted Hide Post
Those Macros must have been continually drenched in some real corrosive sweat for their stainless steel slides (SIG's usual base slide material) to rust.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I don't think it was the slide but the rear sight that rusted.

I've had some Beretta magazines that had started to rust in the past. After I removed the rust with a wire brush, I just put a couple of drops of oil on a patch and wiped the magazine down with it and then wiped it down with a rag. I did that every time I cleaned the pistol. Seems like it wouldn't make a difference if I wipe the oil off after applying it but they don't rust anymore.

If it continued to be a problem I would probably look into getting the magazines chrome plated. I've done it before but the place I used to get my magazines plated at before moved out of state. Now, it's been so long since I did it, I don't even remember the name of the company I used.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Picking up my Macro today. Can't wait to shoot it.

"What I would die for?

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30PlusRetlaw:
Picking up my Macro today. Can't wait to shoot it.

Cool! I think you're gonna like it. Let us know how it works out for you

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Do most folks not wipe down their guns and magazines with a coat of “oil” after use or wipe down the slide after carry? I have never had an issue with rust but part of my cleaning routine involves a wipe down of all surfaces with whatever “CLP” type thing I am using and I keep an oil impregnated rag near my safe and wipe down the slide after carry or heavy handling.

Now I don’t mean slathered in 40 weight just a wipe down with a “dryish” cloth that has had some “CLP” on it. Same thing I do with my air guns. Never a rust issue on guns or mags.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I live in a high, dry climate and rust is very uncommon. That said, I have gotten agency weapons for inspection with rust on them which was a stark indication that the people they were issued to had not made even the most minimal effort to maintain them. On the other hand, my issue revolver for most of my Army career was an S&W model 10 made completely of carbon steel whose finish was worn off in many places and which would rust if someone said a bad word about it. I carried it daily, including in the heat and humidity of the Washington, DC, area and it never rusted due to its exposure to my sweat.

The difference? I kept it properly maintained with rust prevention measures. As stated, the stainless steel slides of SIG pistols are very rust resistant, especially if finished in Nitron. The other steel parts are less resistant unless they’re maintained properly.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The difference? I kept it properly maintained with rust prevention measures. As stated, the stainless steel slides of SIG pistols are very rust resistant, especially if finished in Nitron. The other steel parts are less resistant unless they’re maintained properly.

I feel like modern gun finishes, combined with the media pushing their durability and users on video or forums claiming to NEVER clean their GLOCKHKSIGWHATEVER have made both seasoned and new shooters a little lax in their maintenance routines or basic care of firearms or tools in general.

I mean hell I clean my Glocks after shooting and even they get a wipe down after handling/carry etc. crazy talk, I know, but even my well used / or worn guns are in fantastic shape so I will say it’s an easy worthwhile effort.

This is probably the way I was brought up though to care for what you have. I don’t abuse my gear, cars, electronics etc. and by keeping them well maintained they have generally never let me down.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Fl also and have had a macro with a 507k green optic on it for a couple of months with about 800 rounds through it.

It is my main edc with a JM Custom Kydex holster.

Use Frog lube on it and all of my guns and have never had a rust issue.

Enjoy it!

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
I got the Macro last week and I really like the looks of it. The trigger is decent, but the size and weight for the capacity blew me away. I don't have a picture posting program(cus I'm cheap and don't want to pay) But my carry was and H&K vp9 s30 and the H&K is bigger and heavier than the Macro(the frame of the macro stick like maybe 1/2 past the HK frame) But the macro have 7 more rounds capacity. I don't know how Sig manage that, but is amazing.

"What I would die for?

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Glad you like your Macro, I'm still very impressed with mine.

In regards to this:

quote:
I don't have a picture posting program(cus I'm cheap and don't want to pay)

You can host photos for free at the below site. Just upload a photo, copy the direct link, then input the link on the insert photo tab when you are making your post here on sigforum. It's pretty easy.

https://postimages.org/

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your Macro. I have the X, my oldest has the XL. He did have some rusty magazines and contacted SIG. They sent him two new ones and told him to keep the rusty ones which we then had refinished in Birsdsong's Black-T.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mdblanton,

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to rust but a buddy shot his in a local steel match and faired very well. Seems to be a great gun.

My 365XL has shown no issues with rust, but I am in AZ so...

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post