SIGforum
Another HiPower clone hits the market

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2320064884

January 13, 2022, 05:09 PM
bald1
Another HiPower clone hits the market
Girsan MC P35 @ ~$400 street price per Honest Outlaw.

Honest Outlaw just posted a video https://youtu.be/JJPkH34cWl8 and a search of the net finds some articles like this one:
https://www.guns.com/news/revi...c-p35-hi-power-clone

FDE version between the Springfield and a vintage FN

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 13, 2022, 05:26 PM
smithbc
I just saw one at my LGS the other day. I had never heard of that company before. Apparently they make copies of the Beretta 92 and the 1911.

It will be interesting to see how they hold up.
January 13, 2022, 06:17 PM
iron chef
The Girsan launched about a month before Springfield Armory's SA-35. The SA-35 launched on 26 Oct 2021. Here's a TFB write-up from Sept 14.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...4/eaa-girsan-mc-p35/
January 13, 2022, 07:07 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
The Girsan launched about a month before Springfield Armory's SA-35. The SA-35 launched on 26 Oct 2021. Here's a TFB write-up from Sept 14.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...4/eaa-girsan-mc-p35/

Ah... didn't know that. Thanks. Still, two new clones hitting the market is nice for those interested.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 13, 2022, 07:26 PM
cas
Look to me like Girsan done put the front sight on back'ards.

As for the photo of three, the one in the middle should have a suction cup sticker dart stinkin' out the barrel

January 13, 2022, 07:31 PM
2PAK
Yawn,,,,
January 13, 2022, 07:54 PM
bald1
Gee cas and 2PAK, sorry this thread is such a looser for you two. Things must be slow for you both to take the time to post such informative contributions. Roll Eyes

USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 13, 2022, 08:10 PM
p08
Looks like it will still be a hand biter. On a personal note I will not buy guns made in any muslim dominated country. Girsan is Turkish.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.
January 13, 2022, 08:14 PM
Oaklane
Thanks for posting this Bald, I suspect if they are anything like their 1911s or 92 clones, they will be fairly decent from the examples of those that I’ve seen. Hell I’ve had work done on a couple FEGs over the years and they were outstanding copies of the HP. I’m just glad to see some stuff that really interests me hitting the market
January 13, 2022, 09:14 PM
David Lee
That new Springfield looks nicer over all of the other 2. They do make a pretty good gun. Would not hesitate to buy the Springer.
January 13, 2022, 10:06 PM
JG
I really haven’t been paying attention to these since I sold my Practical years ago but I sure like the looks of that Springfield. I like the looks of that thumb safety I just hope it’s ambidextrous.
January 14, 2022, 07:25 AM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by JG:
I really haven’t been paying attention to these since I sold my Practical years ago but I sure like the looks of that Springfield. I like the looks of that thumb safety I just hope it’s ambidextrous.

Nope not ambi but aftermarket parts can remedy that.

USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 14, 2022, 04:15 PM
92fstech
This does kind of beg the question...is it possible that Springfield is sourcing the major forgings (slide/frame) from whoever is making these, and doing their own finish work and controls?
January 14, 2022, 04:47 PM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
This does kind of beg the question...is it possible that Springfield is sourcing the major forgings (slide/frame) from whoever is making these, and doing their own finish work and controls?

Many ppl wondered the same when rumors and photos of the SA-35 first surfaced. After all, SA has a long history of sourcing frames & slides made in Brazil. When the SA-35 was officially released, SA's publicity stated the SA-35 is 'Made in USA'. I don't believe SA can claim (per FTC regulations) made in USA if the frame &/or slide is made overseas.
January 14, 2022, 06:23 PM
mesabi
I'm not sure that's correct. The earlier SA 1911's were all made from Brazilian forgings; the ones assembled in Brazil are clearly marked "Made in Brazil" on the frame. Ones assembled in the US from Brazilian forgings have the "NM" prefix on the serial number. I believe it was the early to mid-2000s before they were all assembled in the US.
January 14, 2022, 07:58 PM
abnmacv
Springfield version wins the beauty contest.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member
January 15, 2022, 06:38 AM
Tirod
The Philippines are a Muslim dominated nation, too. Rock Island?

Also goes to a lot of shotguns, 3 Gen Glock clones, Canik, and the owners of Canik who produce parts for Boeing, Airbus and Lockheed. Not that we should leave out those practicing Shinto or others, they make Hondas, Toyotas, Mazdas (Ford Rangers in the day) and Nissan. They also bombed Pearl Harbor. How soon we forget.

Much of the cargo ship products sitting offshore waiting to be offloaded are made by those who follow the teachings of Confucious, Tao, or Buddha. It's of little difference to say the Chinese government also espouses itself as a religion, banning most others as too influential for their purposes.

In the 1960's Germany began to notice a lack of interest in technical trades and labor, they began an effort to import workers, and most who responded were Turkish. They became a noticeable source of labor on the VW, MB, BMW and Audi production lines during the 70s and 80s.

I find it interesting how easily we all cherry pick some item to object to, yet to be fully informed and make the same decision at least allows us to understand the real depth of the issue. It's not what or who is making our products, it's that WE aren't, and that is becoming a significant problem.

Why isn't Ruger, Smith, Colt, etc the leading manufacturer and providers of firearms in America? We've had "foreign" makes for issue handguns in the military and LEO's since 1984. Beretta, HK, SIG, and Glock. "Foreign" car brands sell over 60% of the cars in America today.

How do we change it?
January 15, 2022, 01:23 PM
VictorLouis
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
....I will not buy guns made in any muslim dominated country. Girsan is Turkish.

However, with a secular government.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
....Springfield is sourcing the major forgings (slide/frame) from whoever is making these, and doing their own finish work and controls?

There is no doubt about that. It'll be interesting to see the truth when it finally leaks out.

quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
The Philippines are a Muslim dominated nation, too. Rock Island?

Not quite right, LOL. They are overwhelmingly Catholic Christian, the same as all former colonies of Spain. Islam does have a strong presence in their southernmost island.
January 15, 2022, 01:39 PM
andronicus
Gersan kept the stupid magazine disconnect safety. Reason enough to get the Springfield instead (if they ever show up)
January 15, 2022, 03:09 PM
Austin228
Honestly this is a good thing, more metal framed guns for the market is a good thing.

Even if it has all the features of a Browning Hi-Power including the magazine disconnect.

I personally don't care for that but still its a honest attempt at creating the original Hi-Power.

I'm more concerned with buying from Turkey after the actions Erdogan has taken that appear to show him moving away from NATO like buying the SAM system from Russia.

I don't care what the religion is were my gun is made. (personally I equate all myth's to the same level so worship Thor, I don't care)

I just don't enjoy supporting anti-US regimes, of course with how ubiquitous Chinese products are I can't possibly do that completely but honestly I try my best.