SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIG P320 30 rd mag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG P320 30 rd mag Login/Join 
posted
30 round 9mm mag. $60.https://www.sigsauer.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2f7933e2ff16f0ec074a16ab6b6195f2/3/2/320-30-of-1.jpg

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-...tended-magazine.html

Go BIG, or Go Home... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're testing the B&T subgun that takes Sig magazines. 21 rounds goes awful fast. Upgrading to the 30 round magazine will make it competitive with the alternatives being considered (CZ Scorpion and Sig MPK). I will buy a couple for test purposes.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
30 round 9mm mag. $60.https://www.sigsauer.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2f7933e2ff16f0ec074a16ab6b6195f2/3/2/320-30-of-1.jpg

Looks ghetto as hell to me.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Would be cool if the MPX took these...

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
21 Rounds looks right at home.

The 30 rounder looks ridiculous in a pistol.
Think there are a couple ARs that use the 320 mag and that B&T mentioned above sounds pretty slick. But in the pistol no thanks.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
You know an MPX that uses them is almost certain to happen.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with it. Just like nothing wrong with the 33-rd Glock mag or the 30-rd Beretta mag.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nothing wrong with it. Just like nothing wrong with the 33-rd Glock mag or the 30-rd Beretta mag.

I was wondering if anyone else was familiar with the other very large capacity pistol magazines on the market. As could be said about so many complaints, if it offends one’s sense of aesthetics, don’t buy it.

My only question is whether it is reliable.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
No way. It’s amazing how fast ammo gets burned through using just the factory mags.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you keep a P320 as your home defense pistol, it would be a great comfort to have one of these magazines close at hand. You could keep one of these magazines in your automobile, too.

These days, I am critical of SIG for more than a few things, but introducing an extended capacity magazine for the P320 is something I support wholeheartedly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

The cost is about what I have paid for my MPX mags, and I don't have a P320, so that's not a big deal to me but I see your point if you own both.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

The cost is about what I have paid for my MPX mags, and I don't have a P320, so that's not a big deal to me but I see your point if you own both.

I don't have an MPX...yet...but if it shared mags with the 320 it would be a strong selling point. I currently have 3 P320s in my life, and am about to add another. Like Para said, it would be really nice to keep one or two of these big sticks handy around the house, or in the door pocket of your car. I don't care what they look like, and I obviously wouldn't use them for carry...but if they're reliable thats a huge value add for the P320, and could be for the MPX as well if they designed it to accept them. I say good on Sig for continuing to develop options!

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno.

Remember, GLOCK developed the 33 round mag for the G18, which has a high cyclic rate to begin with. I have a couple for my GLOCKs, and the Ruger PCC i don't own yet, just because, but I have no illusions about their utility in an ordinary handgun. A PCC, sure.

Having said that, I carry extra capacity magazines as spares, figuring that if I've burned through a normal cap primary mag, I need all the ammo I can get. So I carry 20 round SIG mags and 24 round GLOCK magazines as spares. The extra length helps avoid the pinchies I get with my gorilla sized hands while reloading.

I'll probably wind up getting a couple of these after the furor dies down, just to have.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Looks over-the-top unless your in a full war situation.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Looks over-the-top unless your in a full war situation.
A pistol loaded with 17 rounds, plus a spare magazine loaded with 17 rounds = 34 rounds.

Why do we keep spare magazines handy? "War" has nothing to do with it.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I keep a Glock 19 in a bedside safe with a 19 round mag inserted and a 33 round stick next to it. I’ve fired thousands of rounds through the 33 round Glock mags and found them to be as reliable as every other Glock mag.

I have several 21 round mags for my M17 and will grab a couple of these too. The more rounds available the better.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For the purposes of balance and aesthetics we are now going to need 6" barreled P320s. I'll take one in 357SIG while we're at it.

In 9mm pistols, the 21-rounders seem to serve me pretty well but I'm another one who'd be willing to grab a couple and give them a try. As far as having spare ammo on hand, though, I wonder if having a couple of 17-round or 21-round mags in a two-mag pouch wouldn't be just about as handy.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as having spare ammo on hand, though, I wonder if having a couple of 17-round or 21-round mags in a two-mag pouch wouldn't be just about as handy.

For on-body carry, I agree. But for something to keep stashed in your vehicle or in the nightstand to grab as a reload, a 30 rounder makes a lot of sense. It's nice to have options.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
"The 30 rounder looks ridiculous in a pistol"

And the gold pimp slide doesn't ?

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post