SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for thoughts on the H&K LEM vs DA/SA triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for thoughts on the H&K LEM vs DA/SA triggers Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
Mrs Highlander told me to buy a gun for Christmas and who am I to disagree. I am looking at a H&K P30. I have enjoyed Mrs H’s VP9 but I prefer a hammer fired gun.

Is the LEM the equivalent of the Sig DAO trigger? How does it compare to the pull of SA? I injured my trigger finger a while ago and it makes the DA pull on my Sigs uncomfortable but the SA is ok.

Looking for thoughts and feedback on the various P30 variants and the pros & cons of LEM vs DA/SA.

Thanks in advance for the incoming knowledge.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't know how heavier the LEM is, but I really like the Light LEM. Long, but smooth and light. Definitely lighter than any stock DA SIGs. Going by memory, it's probably around 7 lbs.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have always found the LEM to be superior to the SIG DAO and DAK.

I prefer the DA/SA guns with a little work, but some of the LEM guns are good to go out of the box. Given the inconsistent nature of their DA\SA trigger quality....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've owned several HK LEM and SIG DAK pistols. The one issue I always had with the DAK was that sensing the 'short reset' was difficult (for me). So I always used the long reset which worked fine.

The HK LEM is more customizable with a spring change, if that's your preference. In that regard, I liked LEM much more. I preferred the standard V2 over the much lighter versions, especially for a self defense pistol.

I tried to like the HK da/sa with the decocker on the rear of the slide. It didn't work for me.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Why I like the LEM

You can also customize the trigger to better match your liking by swapping these springs:

trigger return spring
firing pin block spring
hammer spring
sear spring

Spring Reference Chart for Different LEM Variants

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I agree with all the above comments. I have the light LEM in my P30 and P30sk and I reanny like it. The reset is fine and not hard to feel. I also have a Sig P239 DAK and the LEM is better in my opinion. I don’t know if you have much experience with revolvers but if you do you will find it is easy to “stage” the LEM trigger. A plus for target shooting.0

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you hurt your finger, light LEM is what you want.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have many da/sa Hk's. My only LEM is my p30sk. It's the light LEM and I think it's perfect for a carry gun. Much better than the DAK and I prefer it for a carry gun. I actually like the p30 da/sa, though by most standards the trigger is not good at best. If you find the DA on a SIG uncomfortable, you will not like the da on a p30. The light LEM is the way to go. It doesn't take too many rounds to get used to it. The p30 and it's variants are, in my opinion, about as good as a gun can get.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Another thumbs up here. I just turned my 45C into Light LEM, it’s a great constant feeling. Thanks for that article 17404, it explains it very well.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post