SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Taran Tactical JW3 Combat Master...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Taran Tactical JW3 Combat Master... Login/Join 
posted
I own several 2011's from the best of the best, but there's nothing slicker than this one right here. Its the new sight block model and its awesome.

Ordered in December and picked it up today. I'm glad they did away with the STI grips and frames.

Who has one?

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Enjoy yourself...Mr. Wick.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol.
Not sure I could afford one of those but it's sweet looking and probably handles like a dream.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a slick gun, congrats. Am I alone in thinking the mag protruding makes it look odd?

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
Such a slick gun, congrats. Am I alone in thinking the mag protruding makes it look odd?

No, you aren’t

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
It's interesting to see the changes they've made. Here's my laser gun:

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^
That's the model I've shot and it was probably the most perfectly tuned pistols I've ever shot.
Stupid accurate, super soft recoil (even with 115gr), little to no muzzle rise, and perfectly balanced/sprung.

Not sure I'll ever own one, but it would be the first pistol I bought if I won the lottery. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the "9mm major"? Nice looking gun. I am a bit jealous. I still want a JW2 Glock but the waiting alone would kill me.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
You have some sweet, sweet firearms! Would you be interested in adopting a 53 year old guy living in Washington State?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most competition pistols in USPSA Limited Division have protruding mags. If it was a carry or defensive gun then yeah, odd as hell. lol

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve got shorter mags, but these are what it comes with. 2011’s are common to see what long magazines.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

Most competition pistols in USPSA Limited Division have protruding mags. If it was a carry or defensive gun then yeah, odd as hell. lol

Don’t even think so for carry. I know a lot of guys (cops) that carry with at least a Glock factory extended mag inserted. Guess I’m used to seeing it. I sometimes carry appendix a G19 with a Taran +5 inserted. It’s about the same length as carrying a G17.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm glad they did away with the STI grips and frames.

Making or sourcing their own action frames?
Iron butt in the current trend toward heavy guns?

The reason for the protuberant magazines is that the maximum length for a USPSA Limited magazine is 140mm. That holds 20+ shots depending on caliber and choice of spring and follower.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
quote:
I'm glad they did away with the STI grips and frames.

Making or sourcing their own action frames?
Iron butt in the current trend toward heavy guns?

The grip is still STI, but now stippled in house. Not sure where they source the frames and slides.

posted Hide Post
Very nice! Awesome gun!

Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just noticing between your pistol Bac and pcshooter's gun, that the slides are different. Bac, on your pistol slide, is the front piece a type of compensator where the sight is or is it even two pieces?

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I was just noticing between your pistol Bac and pcshooter's gun, that the slides are different. Bac, on your pistol slide, is the front piece a type of compensator where the sight is or is it even two pieces?
Yes, mine is a different pistol. Taran went away from the STI branded grip and now stipples them in house, using their own logo on the frame instead of STI. I didn't want one until they did that, honestly.

As for the slide, mine is the new sight block model, which is an option now.