SIGforum
New Taran Tactical JW3 Combat Master...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2300035194

April 25, 2022, 07:08 PM
bac1023
New Taran Tactical JW3 Combat Master...
I own several 2011's from the best of the best, but there's nothing slicker than this one right here. Its the new sight block model and its awesome.

Ordered in December and picked it up today. I'm glad they did away with the STI grips and frames.

Who has one?

April 25, 2022, 08:46 PM
venenoindy
Nice!
April 26, 2022, 04:31 AM
Delta-3
Very nice! Enjoy yourself...Mr. Wick.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
April 26, 2022, 04:52 AM
joatmonv
Nice pistol.
Not sure I could afford one of those but it's sweet looking and probably handles like a dream.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
April 26, 2022, 05:15 AM
ARH19456
Such a slick gun, congrats. Am I alone in thinking the mag protruding makes it look odd?
April 26, 2022, 05:34 AM
kidcop
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
Such a slick gun, congrats. Am I alone in thinking the mag protruding makes it look odd?

No, you aren’t
April 26, 2022, 11:18 AM
pcshooter
It's interesting to see the changes they've made. Here's my laser gun:

April 26, 2022, 12:43 PM
Snake207
^^
That's the model I've shot and it was probably the most perfectly tuned pistols I've ever shot.
Stupid accurate, super soft recoil (even with 115gr), little to no muzzle rise, and perfectly balanced/sprung.

Not sure I'll ever own one, but it would be the first pistol I bought if I won the lottery. Big Grin

April 26, 2022, 03:02 PM
patw
Is that the "9mm major"? Nice looking gun. I am a bit jealous. I still want a JW2 Glock but the waiting alone would kill me.
April 26, 2022, 03:09 PM
Loswsmith
You have some sweet, sweet firearms! Would you be interested in adopting a 53 year old guy living in Washington State?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
April 26, 2022, 03:11 PM
ensigmatic
Sweet!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
April 26, 2022, 03:14 PM
Ryanp225
quote:

Most competition pistols in USPSA Limited Division have protruding mags. If it was a carry or defensive gun then yeah, odd as hell. lol
April 26, 2022, 05:34 PM
bac1023
quote:

I’ve got shorter mags, but these are what it comes with. 2011’s are common to see what long magazines.
April 26, 2022, 06:26 PM
.38supersig
Nice!

April 27, 2022, 08:53 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

Most competition pistols in USPSA Limited Division have protruding mags. If it was a carry or defensive gun then yeah, odd as hell. lol

Don’t even think so for carry. I know a lot of guys (cops) that carry with at least a Glock factory extended mag inserted. Guess I’m used to seeing it. I sometimes carry appendix a G19 with a Taran +5 inserted. It’s about the same length as carrying a G17.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

April 27, 2022, 09:28 AM
Jim Watson
quote:
I'm glad they did away with the STI grips and frames.

Making or sourcing their own action frames?
Iron butt in the current trend toward heavy guns?

The reason for the protuberant magazines is that the maximum length for a USPSA Limited magazine is 140mm. That holds 20+ shots depending on caliber and choice of spring and follower.
April 27, 2022, 11:08 AM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
quote:
I'm glad they did away with the STI grips and frames.

Making or sourcing their own action frames?
Iron butt in the current trend toward heavy guns?

The grip is still STI, but now stippled in house. Not sure where they source the frames and slides.
May 09, 2022, 08:31 PM
MisterShipWreck
Very nice! Awesome gun!
May 09, 2022, 09:03 PM
patw
I was just noticing between your pistol Bac and pcshooter's gun, that the slides are different. Bac, on your pistol slide, is the front piece a type of compensator where the sight is or is it even two pieces?
May 11, 2022, 04:10 PM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I was just noticing between your pistol Bac and pcshooter's gun, that the slides are different. Bac, on your pistol slide, is the front piece a type of compensator where the sight is or is it even two pieces?
Yes, mine is a different pistol. Taran went away from the STI branded grip and now stipples them in house, using their own logo on the frame instead of STI. I didn't want one until they did that, honestly.

As for the slide, mine is the new sight block model, which is an option now.