Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oracle Arms Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
An other gimmick platform, just ask the Hudson H9.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:

Remains to be seen.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think it's fair to draw such a conclusion right now. Oracle has certainly generated a lot of attention, and it's on them to follow through.

Their product is very distinguishable from the H9 in that it seeks to capitalize on the success and popularity of an existing platform (the double stack 1911) by trying to "fix" one of its shortcomings (the magazine).

I for one, hope it works and works well.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

I don't think it's fair to draw such a conclusion right now. Oracle has certainly generated a lot of attention, and it's on them to follow through.

Their product is very distinguishable from the H9 in that it seeks to capitalize on the success and popularity of an existing platform (the double stack 1911) by trying to "fix" one of its shortcomings (the magazine).

I for one, hope it works and works well.

I get what you are saying, the low bore axis/low recoil quest has been going on for a while. several platforms have fail in that quest (Hudson H9, Archon type B, etc). all I'm saying is that oracle is not going to revolutionize the industry. there are other platforms that are doing the same thing for less and others that are just plain good (Staccato. I hope Oracle has great success as it is in this country best interest that companies do well but unfortunately I don't see this platform doing well but this is just my opinion. let me be clear it is not good when an American gun company fails that is the last thing I want.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not going to do well with the people that are in a race to the bottom for price at the cost of quality. The people who will tell you a Girsan is as good as a Prodigy is as good as a Staccato is as good as a Nighthawk.

The way this gun is specced for small parts and the way they are fitted will be a good factor in the cost/benefit analysis.

Using a less finicky magazine is a plus. I've said in other threads (and maybe earlier in this one) that the unintended consequences of having to alter frame geometry where it matters (between the rails) is a big question mark. It will probably take a while to sort that out in scale.

If this gun is reliable and they can hold to their quoted price points, they'll sell as many of them as they can make.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
IT STILL LIVES!!!

Base models are already up for Pre Orders:

https://oraclearms.com/shop/

The Compact starts at $1799 while the 5" is $2199 along with a MIL/First Responder discount. The Compact Pro with the barrel porting will probably be my next gun purchase as I have a lot of P320 magazines and I'll probably move my Romeo 2 over to that gun and leave striker fired guns forever.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are at Triggercon showing off a "Pro" model that has an aluminum frame.

I'm not seeing the point here. I might be misunderstanding, but they seem to claim that they've resolved reliability issues of 9mm 1911s mainly by building a 1911 around the P320 mags. Aside from maybe the safety being the same, this departs from the 1911 in so many ways. So, it's basically another full size SAO 9mm. Is this better than a SAO P226 or 92?

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It has the potential to be. This gun is also full ambi as well with slide releases on both sides, a switchable mag button that 2011s don't have, and it has a modern linkless barrel lockup. We're at the point where we need testing in the wild to find out more.