SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Overwatch Precision Poly-DAT trigger. I like it.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overwatch Precision Poly-DAT trigger. I like it. Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
I just bought a Overwatch Precision Polymer DAT trigger for my G48.

It is replacing the worst feeling trigger I have ever experienced in any Glock and I have shot them all. Inside 20 rounds my trigger finger actually hurt from the trigger safety and serrated trigger shoe. I did sand it all the way down to make it tolerable but it inspired me to look around and order my first aftermarket trigger.

I installed it tonight and all I can say is "Wow! Where has this been, all my life?" Flat, smooth, more real estate, great feel, maybe a few ounces lighter.

I still have to take it to the range and test it out but I expect 100% reliability since the trigger bar is just OEM with a slick coating on it.

$59.99 seems cheap until I add up all the Glocks I want to put it in.
Fortunately the CFO concurs and wants one for her 43 Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you like it, I just ordered a DAT for my 42.
I put either Apex or Overwatch Tac triggers in all my Glocks, this will be the first DAT Poly and I was reading good reviews of it.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
My G43x trigger is awful. I am looking at replacements as well. I still have a lot of research to do, but is the general consensus that these replacements are reliable?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Overwatch and the DAT triggers are GTG, I have been pestering Jerry to get the 5th Gen versions finished...…Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I also added the Poly DAT to the G43. If anything, it feels even better than in the G48. Better feel and finger placement.
These things should be a factory option.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post