SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Nighthawk Custom Drop-In Trigger System
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nighthawk Custom Drop-In Trigger System Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
So, has anyone here bought and tried one of these interesting looking drop in trigger systems for a 1911? Do a search on them if you haven’t seen them.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I saw the ad and am interested. I am waiting on you Bill to try one out.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

LOL..... you first Max! I have another friend (hard to believe, I know) that May end up with one. I’ll let you know.

I was thinking it may be the way to go with my RIA full size 9mm.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried one, but know the inventor, and he knows his stuff. He has been working on this for about a decade. Knowing how meticulous he is, I would have confidence it will deliver.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nighthawk Custom Drop-In Trigger System

Looks fascinating. But $300... I'll probably be taking a pass on this one.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I figured that'd be the ballpark price. I guess it's a nice setup for anyone without the ability to do their own trigger work (who doesn't want to learn/buy tools).

I could also see it being just the thing for the kind of person who buys a lot of 1911's and turns them over pretty quickly. Put the original parts in and send it down the road.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I also have a FS RIA in 9mm. I bought it used at our favorite LGS. I am really impressed with it.

quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:

LOL..... you first Max! I have another friend (hard to believe, I know) that May end up with one. I’ll let you know.

I was thinking it may be the way to go with my RIA full size 9mm.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post