SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 striker double action trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 striker double action trigger Login/Join 
posted
Is the Sig Sauer P320's striker fired double action trigger system, similar to the Kahrs double action trigger system? Are there any differences?

Posts: 188 | Registered: August 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
The P320 is a pre-tensioned striker with a short, light, crisp trigger pull. While I've read that it's "double action", the striker is almost completely tensioned, and the sear cams slightly.

If the P320 has the trigger pulled on an empty chamber (or dead primer) the trigger won't reset and fire.

From what I understand, the Kahr is nothing like that.

Certain agencies require "double action" so I'm sure SIG word-smithed it's way into technically having the trigger (imperceptibly) move the striker rearward before releasing it.

I don't like the categorization of striker guns as DAO or SAO because they really don't fall under either. Those are really hammer gun terms shoe-horned into striker guns for the sake of marketing to certain entities.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have 2 Kahrs.

Their triggers were similar to other striker fired triggers in that if you pull on an empty chamber, there is no second strike capability.

I do feel like (without having examined the internals closely) that the Kahr trigger is similar to a Glock in that the trigger pull does move the striker back quite a bit, as opposed to the 320 and VP9 where the striker is as close to being fully cocked as it can be.

In terms of feel, the 320's trigger is significantly lighter, and shorter than the Khar's.
cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:
In terms of feel, the 320's trigger is significantly lighter, and shorter than the Khar's.

Yep. Kahrs have a long, relatively heavy trigger pull with a long reset. The P320 has a short, light trigger pull with a short reset. They're not very similar.

Posts: 32563 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I dry fired a full size 320 early this week... it is really hard for me to call that 'double action'.
There is no double in it and it is a very short pull for sure and pretty dern light and crisp... probably right around 5lbs..... probably just me, but I'm a tad concerned about it with everyday carry... but would probably love it for competition.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post