SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ USA Factory in Arkansas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ USA Factory in Arkansas Login/Join 
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted
The 'Made in USA' thread got me thinking about this and I tried searching but didn't find the info I wanted.

CZ is building a factory in Little Rock, AR. Does anyone know what firearms will be made there? When will we start seeing the firearms available for purchase?

Since they're moving closer to West Monroe, LA they need to incorporate some CGW parts in the USA models.

I'm hoping for a USA made CZ75 compact or RAMI.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:

Since they're moving closer to West Monroe, LA they need to incorporate some CGW parts in the USA models.

They already partnered with CZ Custom in AZ. So, I see no reasons for hooking up with CGW.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
My WAG would be polymer pistols, just because the US is probably the, or one of the, biggest markets in the world for them. I certainly wouldn't mind if they made rifles here (C'MOOONN BREN!!!), but they probably sell enough of those world-wide to keep making them in the Czech Republic.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost everyone that is located elsewhere has fired up a US plant to get around US import restrictions and rules, at least initially. I don't know the CZ product to say exactly what those are.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ-USA is, and has been, producing some models in the U.S. for awhile. The Little Rock plant will greatly increase the capacity. The new HQ hasn't opened yet, and won't for awhile, many of the dates are in press releases. It's still a ways away. You'll just have to be patient Smile

PS - This is the last year for the RAMI. If you'd like a new one I'd suggest getting one soon.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on the Rami. I'll let my buddy know, he's been putting one off.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Germans will build a new Sig plant here. Then we could get some "Real Sigs"... Big Grin. Let New Hampshire drown in plastic pellets for injection molding.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I've had several of the foreign made handguns. I even had what some would consider a top of the line clone, a Swiss-made Sphinx SDP Compact.

I like my US made Beretta and US made SIG, I was just hoping for a US made CZ 75 with alloy frame, full size or compact.

It sounds like it might just be the P-07 P-09 and P-10 series guns in the new factory.

P.S. MecGar - please open a USA magazine factory. We could use more $25 high quality mags

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they actually building a factory for firearms production, or just relocating their warehousing and distribution facility from Kansas City?

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
Are they actually building a factory for firearms production, or just relocating their warehousing and distribution facility from Kansas City?

KC location has more than just warehouse/distribution. Some stuff has been produced in the U.S. for awhile. The AR location will greatly expand U.S production.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Maybe they will produce the P-10M there... another micro pistol for the collection.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
KC location has more than just warehouse/distribution. Some stuff has been produced in the U.S. for awhile. The AR location will greatly expand U.S production.

What "stuff"? I know things in their online store, like synthetic stocks for the CZ550, are U.S.-made. Other than Dan Wesson products and the custom shop, what is produced in the U.S.?

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
quote:

What "stuff"? I know things in their online store, like synthetic stocks for the CZ550, are U.S.-made. Other than Dan Wesson products and the custom shop, what is produced in the U.S.?

At the moment it's mostly P-10 series guns. Though there are other items that are assembled here with U.S. and Czech parts.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Maybe the Germans will build a new Sig plant here. Then we could get some "Real Sigs"... Big Grin. Let New Hampshire drown in plastic pellets for injection molding....

They might when the average enthusiast is able to differentiate between SIG, SIGSauer and J.P Sauer and Sons.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Maybe the Germans will build a new Sig plant here. Then we could get some "Real Sigs"... Big Grin. Let New Hampshire drown in plastic pellets for injection molding....

They might when the average enthusiast is able to differentiate between SIG, SIGSauer and J.P Sauer and Sons.

Excluding SIG (now part of Hammerli?) are the other two still part of L&O Holdings? Or am I behind a few divestitures? And aren't there two SIG SAUERs, or is it SIG SAUER Inc and SIG Sauer GmbH? What is their relationship? I would seriously love to become unconfused. Apologies for the digression.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wgsigs,

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boxer9
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:

They already partnered with CZ Custom in AZ. So, I see no reasons for hooking up with CGW.

Because CGW makes and awesome product.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rumor mill a couple years back had DW moving out of New York. Maybe this new facility at least in part will accommodate that. Plus it certainly wouldn't hurt to make regular line CZ pistols here in the States; all it takes is a construction boom someplace else on the planet and suddenly most of CZ's steel production goes to rolling wide flange beams and reinforcing steel instead of forging 75B or 97B frames, barrels and slides. Definitely can be a pain in the ass trying to scrounge up their product to sell even in the best of times.

-MG

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post