SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any easy pulling slides besides the S&W Shield EZ ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any easy pulling slides besides the S&W Shield EZ ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, if you run a dot you can rack it off the RDS, maybe not the traditional answer but it works and adds a good feature and opens up your gun choices a bit.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nocturnalcreations:
It’s a huge gun but HK USP has a easy slide. It’s the first gun my wife could actually rack the slide on her own!

Good advice! I would also recommend the VP9 which has the charging supports at the rear of the slide which are pretty large and allow for good leverage.

Another one I’d recommend is the FN FiveseveN. It has integral slide charging supports as well and a 20rnd mag on tap.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife slingshots my P365 at waist level - grip with meat of support hand thumb and 4 fingers over the top, PUSH with strong hand, then release weak hand when slide hits stop. This way muzzle is always safe/downrange and you use your stronger bicep to push rather than weaker hand and forearm to pull.

FWIW, I sent her to the LGS alone and encouraged her to exercise her 2A Right by choosing her own handgun and filling out her own 4473.

She brought home a G44. Easy to rack. Cool Oof.
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Here's some more info, answers and thoughts.

This is for older people asking me about firearms. So overall strength is the issue.
I always show them the hand over slide holding/frame pushing technic.

As above (older folks), so small usually adds some difficulty to the mix.

Totally forgot about the Beretta pop-up barreled pistols, the 86 is nice (however, not easy to come by).
I always stayed away from the 32 Tomcat for the frame issue.
And as most of us here, would like to stay with center fire ammo for reliability.

I kind of ruled out the CCP for a couple reasons:
1. The funky takedown on the original, I guess the new ones would be ok...
2. They don't show up in the stores around here too often.

Kind of forgot about the 238/938... as it seems like the 365 took over the Sig ccw role. Wink

Revolvers seem to be hit or miss with the folks I encounter.
I'll have to take a second look at the Ruger LCR when they hit the shelves again. But I recall them having a hefty DA pull.

Nothing wrong with the S&W, last couple bought an EZ 9MM.
Just getting some ideas and suggestions for the next time I get asked... as it's becoming more frequent.

The 365 has a great trigger and capacity, but the slide pull mostly kills it for people with strength issues.
Anyone make aftermarket slide parts (T handles) for the 365 to help?

Thanks for the ideas... please continue. Smile

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post