SIGforum
Took my wife shooting today and met another Sig guy.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2180057744

October 01, 2018, 03:00 PM
Scottcc
Took my wife shooting today and met another Sig guy.
I took the P220, 229C. I forgot to put my new M17 in the car, I really wanted to shoot that one today. I still bummed about that. Anyway it’s rare to get her to want to go shooting, so I let her shoot all she wanted. She shot about 150 each of 45 and 40. She really got better by the end. I started to talk with elderly man there who had a P226 w German. I noticed the breech roll pins were walking out. So I asked about he issue. He replied that he just taps them back in after he shoots it and been doing that for years. I explained to him that a loose breech can cause the slide to crack. He said he had 80-100k rounds thru it, then he asked if I knew a smith who can do the work, which I don’t have an answer. I told him, I would send it to Sig if it were mine. They can tune it up and check for problems. I feel that I have him worried, his eyes got big, like oh crap!
October 01, 2018, 03:26 PM
JAFO
If he's been doing that for a long time and never replaced the pins, I wonder how many rounds he has on his recoil spring? An overhaul at Sig could be very beneficial. At a minimum I'd recommend a parts kit if he can find someone local to help him out with it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
October 01, 2018, 03:30 PM
Scottcc
He reloads so I hope he’s been making light loads all these years.
October 01, 2018, 03:30 PM
RHINOWSO
Yeah, send it to SIG for sure.

Hopefully it can be repaired / etc.