SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta PX4 owners: Advice needed, please.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta PX4 owners: Advice needed, please. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
IIRC a Beretta “D spring” drops right in. It doesn’t make as big of a difference in the Storm but my Storm always had a decent trigger.

You won’t have to worry about durability issues these are pretty stout guns. The only caveat is to make sure you run a grease on the rotating assembly for optimal reliability.

As was said above I think you just pop out a detent to convert to decock only. I have never done this on mine however so I cannot speak to the specifics.

Enjoy it. The PX4 is definitely a sleeper/hidden gem.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for Langdon trigger in a bag--he should have a video instruction somewhere for how to install.

I might also suggest that you consider the steel trigger--I took a chance on one of these a while back and it was a solid improvement to the trigger feel.

As for the sights, an appropriately sized brass punch + hammer will work, but you may want to invest in a decent sight pusher at some point (I like the MGW, but I'm sure folks here can recommend other tools that are also good).

Also, I will second that the "rails" are indeed steel--they may have some overmolding cover the metal, but there is steel there.

Congrats on the find and acquisition. The PX4 is such a great weapon.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the assistance. I did find the YouTube video on converting the F safety/decocker to decock only. I will shoot it before I settle on any further tinkering. That might be awhile since its snowing!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post