SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0 9mm PC ported project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 9mm PC ported project Login/Join 
posted
I search high and low for a low recoil option due to some wrist injury, while 9mm has low recoil during a class with a decent amount of round count I would be hurting quite a bit. I came across the M&P 2.0 performance center core 9mm ported and decided to give it a try, I diced it to put an Apex flat trigger and WOW this trigger set up is sweet. well worth the money as is everything I wanted and some, also installed a Holosun 508T that I'm liking quite a bit also with the multiple reticles and shake awake feature. points very natural for me and I don't have to be hunting for the dot, it shoots very flat and IMO less perceived recoil due to the porting. not a cheap project but so far I really like it so just need to buy more mags and install a 15# recoil spring I'm waiting on, today I put 200rds through without a malfunction. overall I'm very happy with the set up but I did had to get longer screws for the Holosun because the factory screws were rather short and I saw a post were the sheer off due to the minimal engagement with the slide, will wait for ammo prices to go down some to buy more and not use up what already have.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I really like my 2.0. Great gun.

How difficult was the APEX install? Did you need any special tools?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a gunsmith install it, I probably could but this time needed a professional to do the job.

posted Hide Post
so I got the last part installed (15# recoil spring)and took it one more time to the range and this set up is awesome, I really like the Holosun vs other red dots that I have had in the past. this points very natural for me and very fast to find and track my target even with a moving target, very flat and soft shooting. the Apex trigger is the second best trigger I ever felt.

Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a sweet shooter. I have a 5" M&P 2.0 with the APEX trigger in it and like you that trigger is sweet.

I have an RMR on a G19, however the multiple reticle options that Holosun offers has been tempting to use on other pistols.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post