SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Pro 2340 holster recommendations question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Pro 2340 holster recommendations question Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Both OWB and IWB. What do you use.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my 2022:
Winthrop leather pancake. Good bang for the buck. My EDC OWB holster.
Ozarks Holster made a badass Kydex belt slide for me. Very minimal, priced right and excellent retention.
Safariland 7376 for a "security" holster. Love the ALS.
All these should fit the 2340.
I don't IWB the 2022, since I find it a little bulky to stuff in my pants. I think Winthrop makes an IWB for it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my 9mm SP2022, I picked up a Blackpoint Tactical leather "Wing" OWB holster when they were $20 at CDNN, and used it last weekend with decent results. It's a good range holster and works for alternate duty assignments. Made well...seems like good quality materials.

I'm quite enamored with Eclipse Holsters as of late, though. Waiting to have a good reason to get one, as they'll be my #1 pick for my next holster.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
There is a fairly significant difference in the rails on a 2009/2340 as compared to the 2022 so do your research. I know my 2022 does not fit well at all in my 2009 holsters, especially the kydex ones.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2272 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use blade-tech. Been happy with their stuff across a lot of different guns and a long time.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I use blade-tech. Been happy with their stuff across a lot of different guns and a long time.

Looks like Blade-tech doesn't make a holster for the Sig Pro.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Ordered and Ozark OWB. We'll see how it goes.

Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Finding something made for the Sig pro may be a bit of a challenge. I was going to recommend a Com-tac CTAC for IWB, which is a model I used for a few years but I see their site doesn't list the Pro as a choice anymore. I know at one time Milt Sparks made a VM2 for it because I have one that I bought here in the classifieds. Can't go wrong with a VM2 but you'd probably have to order it made. I used a Fobus paddle holster for a while early on and it worked well, but wouldn't be my first choice anymore. I'll have to dig through the holster box(es) later to remember what else I had used.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2272 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post